FileMaker Server 5.5 on Hyper-V

This topic is 3319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We recently Converted our FileMaker pro server from Physical to Virtual Hyper-V Server (Server 2012R2).  We have disabled VMQs and also Isolated the FileMaker server Virtual machine onto one network adapter.  We are now experiencing terrible latency within Database performance.  I've tried to rebuild the server and also running Recovery on a few of the Database files, nothing seems to help.  Any performance issues recommendations? 

FileMaker pro is running on Server 2003.

Thanks,

• Newbies

We have FM Server 5.5 running on Windows 2003 SP2

When I open the files directly (With the Server off) and run a script to re-order two rows of a field, the script runs lightning fast.  When I open the file on the Server from the Server connection the script to re-order takes 20 Seconds.  I've tried a mix of different network adapters and also Microsoft Loopback adapter, always slow when running process over the Server connection.  To take it another step further, when I have the machine on a private network and run the same script from a windows 7 machine the process takes 50 seconds.  I have the server cache set to 40MB, the server has 4GB. 

Also, I can copy files over the network at 50MB a sec, so it seems to be File Maker Server related, but not sure. 

• Newbies

No I tested running this process over a network share.  So stopped FileMaker Server service, opened the file over the network using a file share.  Ran this process on the Windows 7 machine, it takes 4 seconds.  That being said I would say something within the FileMaker Server services is slowing it down. 

Remove all sharing from the folders where your live FM files are.  That is known to cause issues and it is a huge risk.

Keep in mind that all processing is still done by the client (in the FM 5.5) days, so the slowdown could indeed be in the network.  Are you on wifi?

This topic is 3319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.