MirrorSync with macbooks and ipad

This topic is 3323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello from New FM user - Is MirrorSync a solution that would work for us?

I purchased FM13 Single License and the FM solution we developed works great; but needs to be shared on 2 Macbooks and ipad.  My husband, Richard (RB), is a realtor with average of 25-30 listings at any time. FM File is not too huge or complicated and I only have 1 photo per listing.

SETUP/ACCESS - We cannot use FM Server or other web-based solution as we live in rural area and are on satellite with monthly usage cap of 25GB. RB and I use macbooks at home with router for sharing printers, etc. He takes his macbook into the office nearly every day and uses it there with WIFI.

I do 95% of FM data entry on my macbook (I guess I am the ‘host’?).  RB will occasionally update showings and contact info (preferably on macbook, but could be on ipad).
VISION OF Workflow:
1.  I need to update records anytime during the day (not on internet since it is sketchy)

2.  RB needs to access FM file on his Mac from work or home
Problem ???? - Some posts say we cannot have 2 copies of the file open at one time?

3.  RB could use FM Go on ipad without internet. Would like to lookup a price or show client a photo,but he has no internet or cell service since he is standing in a cornfield :)

4.  UPDATES/SYNC - We DO NOT need to have each others updates in 'real-time". I just need to update the 3 copies every day or so. Am confused with all the options I have read about using our router, iTUNES, emailing files, jump drive, Dropbox, et al. I have also seen warnings about FM File corruption with various sync scenarios.
Any other suggestions, comments welcome - Thank you!  Vicki

• Newbies

Hi Jesse - I have 28 Records, 9 Tables and 77 fields. 

Eventually we may have 50 or so records including Sold and WIthdrawn. Do not have to keep these properties if the file is too big. 

MirrorSync does not currently support syncing between FileMaker Pro / Go without the use of FileMaker Server. I think that GoZync (http://gozync.com) would be a better solution for you. The reason I asked about the file size is that if you had tens or hundreds of thousands of records to sync, GoZync might not be the best choice, but in this case, I think it will do exactly what you need.

We're kicking around the idea of having MirrorSync support syncing between FileMaker clients without the use of FileMaker Server, and it's definitely possible, but we haven't had that many requests for it, so for now it's not on our short list of priorities.

This topic is 3323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.