Server Maintenance This Week. ×

User cannot launch documents

This topic is 3314 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First let me apologize if this question has already been asked.  I did a search but could not find what I needed.

I have a windows 7 client system that has 2 windows accounts.  One account is able to click on a pdf document in a supercontainer in FileMaker 13 Pro and the document automatically opens in IE.  If logged in as the other windows account and click on the document, like I did as other account, nothing happens.  

I have checked IE settings and both accounts are set the same.  Both accounts are standard windows users.  What am I missing?  What should I be looking at?

• Newbies

This sounds like a permissions issue I literally resolved today. Below are some solutions I used:

+The UAC could be interfering with permissions. Try disabling it.

+Have you tried right clicking the document and choosing "Run as Administrator"

+When you right click the document go under Properties->Security/Permissions. Make sure both admin and user have full permissions regarding the file.

+(Question) The PDFs; are they opening in stock IE or are they opened with a Adobe PDF plugin inside IE? We've had huge issues with stock IE PDF readers in the past that decide to treat everything as a single-user licensed document. 

Best regards,

Tumma K.

This topic is 3314 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.