Sliding up when Print

This topic is 3144 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi K,  You forgot your file.

You posted your question in the sponsor's site for FileMaker Starting Points (FMSP) and questions posted here are restricted to the FMSP.

If your question is not about FMSP, it should be moved to another topic such as Layout, or Printing. Let me know and I can move it for you.

Lee

Your asking if Portal Rows can be resizable... and the answer is no... at least I have not seen it.   You can get MORE on a page...dynamically by making windows bigger... etc.

But the repeating width of the portal is not variable in width.

- Richard

• 5 months later...
  • Newbies

I just completed an update to my invoices (which I am using as home watch inspection items for my app.  I saw a forum entry that basically said you can't use portals because they do not provide slide up functionality.  So in FMSP, the hint was to violate anchor-buoy by having the print layout based upon the InvoiceLineItem table.  As such, the body of the layout (in my case) has only 1 row of fields, of which my Description field of multi-line text was sliding up.  This worked very well for the type of report I need to print using the FMSP supplied modern print template.  Save the original print template layout as a duplicate with new name before making modifications to the layout. 

Note the table for the layout is the Inv_Line_item ... (not Invoices)

Invoice example multi-line Layout view.jpg

Invoice example multi-line slide up.jpg

Edited by Don Bahash
  • Like 1

This topic is 3144 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.