Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Time sheet Popups showing up Blank

This topic is 3276 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've been trying to edit the time sheet entries, but it's displaying two problems

1. It didn't let me enter fields by hand in browse mode ( but marking it editable in find mode ddin't fix the problem either)

the Staff name and project fields seem to be not working, and when the popups show up, it displays nothing and doesn't give me an option to select from it's found searches.

2. It's lacking a mechanism to track what Projects an employee should have worked on, so when i add a new line item, it's blank and the popovers do not seem to function

3. Attempts to edit the popover have failed, I haven't been able to Edit the one it has been using and it keeps changing to one that i haven't found while i was using desktop mode. What should i edit for the right one ?

4. I have made a separate table containing all the staff i want with the projects i assigned. What relationship should i create so that it links correctly?

5. Is the name field on timesheet should be showing the staff id or Name as a value list?

6. I haven't been able to test this yet, but how many ways does it track over time?

Yibber,

We are unable to reproduce this issue at all.  My staff suggested to me that you were not using 13.  I have no idea.  We would need to actually see what you are doing... are see a video, etc.   There is only so much we can trouble shoot with text.   We are puzzled as to how you could not edit a popover.   

Or are you mixing up the fact that there are desktop layouts...and iPad Layouts... which are matching in function... but are different.   Editing a Desktop layout... does NOT affect an iPad layout, etc.

Anyway... from reading you other emails...it pretty clear you are ripping and shredding FMSP up... which is cool.  Thats what it is for!  But expecting default behavior after doing that... may not be reasonable.   I don't think we can provide much support after that.  

- RC

I didn't disable any scripts related to staff, but for some reason, something broke , I will upload What i can detail about time sheet Data entry it currently has. I uploaded as much of the relevant details i could get from the FMP Database report and a visual problem of the problem I am having.

TimeSheets broken.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem i found out was overlaying popup buttons that were in the layout, after I deleted the 2nd one one and imported the corrected layout from 4.5, the problem was fixed.

However, it looks like there are massive rewrites necessary for webdirect usage.

This topic is 3276 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.