ScribeDocLoad giving error for no apparent reason

This topic is 3288 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using OS X 10.9.5, FileMaker Pro Advanced 13.0v5, Scribe 1.41

For some reason, when I use a URL with the ScribeDocLoad function, it recently has been returning an ERROR result each time, no matter what computer in our office is used.  The URL is using a HTTPS address of a PDF file to one of the webservers in the office.  The security certificate of the web server expired around the same time we noticed the issue.  We've since updated the certificate  and it's now testing valid when I use a web browser to open the same URL as mentioned previously.  

When I use the ScribeLastError function, I'm getting      

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

From what I can diagnose from this, it's stating that the certificate is invalid.  But I've already confirmed that it is now updated and tested A-OK. I must be missing something else - what else can I do?

Hi BrentHedden,

Usually when we see this error it is because the certificate is a self signed certificate and Java is basically saying this isn't a trusted connection and then refusing it. If you are using a self-signed certificate you may can add it to your truststore so that Java will allow the connection. 

Additionally,  Scribe 1.41 is an outdated version so it is worth updating to the newest version, 1.43, as this is a free upgrade from 1.41. Once you have updated, replicate your error and submit your logs to us. You can do this by going into Preferences, highlight the plugin and click configure, and click Submit a bug report. Give a brief description (a link to this thread would suffice) and make sure that the "include log files" checkbox is selected. I'll take a look at your logs and reply through the email.

I've resolved the issue, and wanted to post here in case anyone else came across this issue.  

I didn't add the intermediate certificate, which apparently is what Java is looking for.  

This topic is 3288 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.