textstyle-add and export

This topic is 3287 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I've used Textstyleadd in FM12 to change names entered in all caps into title case. However exporting them as csv seems to read the original ASCII. I have not been able to find a way to export csv with the corrected title case spelling. Is it possible?

Thank you for any suggestions.

I have not been able to find a way to export csv with the corrected title case spelling. Is it possible?

​No, it is not. CSV is a plain text format and any styles you may have applied to the text are not included. You need to use the Proper() function instead of TextStyleAdd(), if you want it to export that way. Note that this will actually modify your data and there will be no way to revert back to the original. If this is for export only, there are other ways (e.g. use a calculation field).

Edited by comment

Thank you so much, comment! I hadn't known that the Proper function actually changed the spelling. The names were imported from a French database where capitalising last names is common. We want them changed throughout the database, so the Proper solution is ... the proper solution. Thanks again!

This topic is 3287 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.