Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Value list undeletable/editable bug

Rikki

This topic is 3292 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi guys,

I have a strange problem with a value list in one of my databases. I added a value list and set it to display a list from a field of employees. It worked for a while but after closing the database and re-opening it, the drop-down value list no longer works. I then checked in File>Manage>Value Lists and my new value list has no name anymore and I cannot delete it or edit it, it is just completely bugged out! I thought I would try again and re-create the value list and set it as the drop-down, but exactly the same thing happened, it has no name and is undeletable/uneditable!

Now I have two bugged out value lists stuck in my database and I am unable to remove or edit them and I still haven't managed to create this value list without this problem happening.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this issue?

The database in question has a lot of records (1.5 million) so I am worried it is a major problem.

Regards

Rikki

Run a recover on the file and see what comes up.

If you are not already using FMServer i would do so.

Once on FM server see what happens when you validate the file in question.

It sounds like you are experiencing symptoms of corruption.

If it is a corrupted file their are strategies for repair with varying levels of success.

The only 100% way of repair that i know of is complete rebuild from scratch... no copying anything from the damaged file...only thing that's permissible is import of the old data into the new file.

Kris

Edited by Kris M

This topic is 3292 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.