Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing and PDF Problem with no images appearing

This topic is 3281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having problems getting SC content to print. I've tried the two main suggestions I found on this forum:

1. using noapplet, entering preview mode and stepping through each record, allowing the images to load first before printing

2. using an unstirred calculation container on the layout instead of the sc web viewer.

The first suggestion doesn't work consistently, and a mix of images print...sometimes a few, sometimes most, but never all. With the second suggestion, the images are displaying as files not images. The layout is set to display the container as an image. Yet just the file icon and file name appear in the container and not the image itself. Any suggestions? Using FileMaker 13.0.9 on OS X 10.10; the server is also 13.0.9 and 10.10.

Hi Jayivan,

The first thing to check is that you are using the most updated version of SuperContainer. Can you confirm that you are using version 2.899? If you are not, go ahead and update and retry. 

If you are on 2.899, are the images that don't show always the same ones? do you see a difference in using "?style=applet" vs "?style=noapplet" ?

Yes, using 2.899, build 7629. The layout accommodates one image per page; the first image usually prints/pdfs (as my script enters preview mode, and goes page by page, pausing for 5 seconds to allow the images to load, before printing), but subsequent ones sometimes do and sometimes do not. I've only used the noapplet style. For LAN users, this is less of an issue and often the images all render in PDFs/printouts. For WAN users, this is more of a problem. So, in light of that, I think the best solution would be the plugin + unstored calculation container--so the issue I'd like to solve is to have the container effectively display the image instead of a file icon. (I could test the applet style if needbe but it seems the embedded browser would continue to be inconsistent for remote users.)

Jayivan,

.tiffs can be a difficult image type to render. This is probably why you are seeing intermittent loading. If you increase the pause duration, do more of the images show? Additionally, you may have better success running SuperContainer in standalone as this will use OSX's CoreImage for rendering. In addition to being significantly faster, CoreImage can render almost any image format.

I had problems setting up SC as standalone (at the time the server was 13.0v5 and os x 10.10.2), and 360 support had me set it up manually in tomcat. Not clear what the problem was. Is there documentation for switching from one to the other? Would you recommend a call to support?

Jayivan,

You should be able to run the standalone concurrently with the one you have installed with Tomcat. You will access the Standalone version over the port that you specify in the GUI (port 8020 is default) so your webviewers/scripts will need to be updated to reflect this. If you have trouble getting the Standalone going , you can reply to this thread (I check the forums every day), give us a call at the office, or send an email to [email protected].

This topic is 3281 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.