My custom theme is...where?

This topic is 3257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greets, all:

I've been using a customized theme (based on the Electric theme) for over a year now and want to tweak the body part so the line dividing records (while in List view) is a different color. The problem is, I can't find the theme. I went the usual route: FileMaker app icon > Show Package Contents > Resources > Theme, but it's not there...and nor do I see it in the Resources folder, either.

Spotlight can't find it so I'm wondering what to do next. Suggestions?

Ciao,

Rich

Edited by WF7A

Well, it's not that I want to change the theme but change the style sheet (css) for it. I made a change to the theme and saved it, but no dice. I also went to Manage Themes and it sees it there, so I don't know why it's not listed with the other themes' style folders. :S

Screenshot 2015-05-17 13.28.01.png

Edited by WF7A

Hi Rich,

In addition to Wim's important point regarding not editing the CSS directly, I can add that you won't find your custom theme in the Resources folder along side the built-in themes (nor in any other folder, for that matter).

When you save a custom theme, it is saved directly in your database file and not written out to a folder as an external CSS file.  In order to facilitate sharing custom themes between files (or between users), there is an Import Theme button in both the Manage Themes… and Change Theme dialogs, that allows you to directly import a custom theme from another file.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but really the way to do it is to make your styling changes via the Inspector — use Styles liberally! — and pass custom themes between files via the import route.  (BTW, I see that you're still on FM 13.  Just a heads up that a lot more object properties have now been exposed in the Inspector in 14, making theme-based styling ever more granular and powerful.)

hth,

Mark

This topic is 3257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.