Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 8014 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have a Dyno printer (330) and am trying to use it with an FMP 5.5 application. I can get my application to print to my HP laser, but not the Dyno. I get an error message showing that there is no printer attached. Yet under printer setup it's there.

I'm on a Windows XP Professional using a USB port.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Thank you.

When performing label printing, I get two Printer Dialog Windows for printer select.

Printer Dialog Window #1

The first is a Windows printer select window and it defaults to the DymoLabel Writer.

Printer Dialog Window #2

The second printer window is a FileMaker Print Dialog window. It offers to print "the current record" (as the default choice) and offers the default printer as the DymoLabel Writer 330.

Here is what happens.

On Printer Dialog Window #1, if I click "OK", It advances to Printer Dialog Window #2. If I click "OK", I get the message about printer not being found (no port configured).

Now repeat the process, only this time in Printer Dialog Window #2, if I "re-select" the Dymo Label Writer, it prints fine....

Got an answer?:??

I've just been involved with setting-up a Zebra on a Win2kPro system via a USB port. A few strange things were happening because of the USB. However, it settled down after a while.

I guess you have tried setting the defaults through the "Start/Settings/Printers"? It sounds like FM is not looking at the system defaults!

All the best.

Garry

This topic is 8014 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.