Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sync Failed error

This topic is 3261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have MirrorSync setup to send an email on sync error

Having offered the solution to a remote user for testing, that user had a number of small issues when running a sync

The remote user was on an iPad at home using their wifi connection 

Although nothing was directly reported to us specifically concerning this sync error issue, I received two emails containing the following error - obfuscated where necessary:

<snip>

subject: Sync failed for config 'TAG_host' running on 192.168.xx.xx

May 22, 2015 8:54:13 PM com.prosc.mirror.config.server.SyncServer$4 call
SEVERE: Sync between 192.168.xx.xx / TAG_host (FileMaker Server) and xxxxxxx's iPad's Go_iPad 13.0.8( username 'admin', running Go_iPad 13.0.8 on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, ping time: 212 ms, machine name: 'xxxxxxx's iPad' )
Last sync failed: com.prosc.sync.AbortException: Sync was canceled while running this task: ReadChanges

</snip>

I do not have access to the FM & MirrorSync Server over this weekend and so cannot get to the server logs to send in but I was wondering whether there was any explanation for this error being returned

The two emails that I received contained exactly the same details as above - even down to the datetime shown: May 22, 2015 8:54:13 PM - although the two emails arrived with me 4 minutes apart

​I will obviously keep an eye open for this happening again and I will then send the server logs through on a ticket but any anecdotal or experienced answer to this now would be helpful

Cheers

Harry

This error happens if the user aborts the sync. This could be a manual case of aborting it, or more likely, it's a problem with the network, or the iPad went into sleep / lock mode, or FileMaker Go was exited.

Without the log file, that's my best guess.

Did you figure out the previous problem you reported with users not being able to contact the server?

Hi Jesse

With regard to the Empty Response from Server post - we currently have put this down to flaky wifi at the testing user's location as we have not had any issue with this in our local testing (which included both MacBook and iPad on wifi connections)

However, the real issue with that post was that the 'Report Bug' dialogue option opened up a blank window and this was a concern to us

Cheers

Harry

* sorry for reply delay - UK has had a holiday weekend covering a day off on Monday !!!!

Harry, I am trying to reproduce the problem with the bug report feature not working, but I can't get it to fail.

The next time it happens, please instruct your user to click the button to open the link in Safari. From there, they should be able to copy and paste the URL in an e-mail, which you and I could then test to see if there is something wrong with the URL.

This topic is 3261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.