Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all, 

In light of FileMaker 14 (the 64-bit version in particular ), I have had to update some custom plugins that were created with ScriptMaster. However, the new plugins will not show up in FileMaker: 

First, I upgraded to ScriptMaster Pro 4.42 and used the new UI file. I transferred my functions' code and relevant .jars. I then registered and exported the plugin for Mac and 64-bit Windows. The Mac version worked right away, ruling out problems with my java code. 

The .fmx64 file however, would not show up in Filemaker at all. I tried installing from a container in a hosted solution, copying the file to the application directory, and copying it to the other plugin locations. 

My question: Is there any issue with 64-bit Windows plugins and FileMaker Pro Advanced 14? It won't show up in the Preferences > Plugins list at all. All of this was done to fix FileMaker's rejection of my old 32-bit plugin. 

Thanks

- Joseph

Hi Joseph,

I'd like to set up a screen share to see if I can figure out what is going on. I am typically available Mon-Fri 10AM-530 PM EST. Give us a call at 770-234-9293 in that time frame and I can get the session set up. 

• Newbies

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the info. It looks like there was a bad install of a previous version of my plugin on the affected PC. I added a check for version numbers in my start-up script – to re-install if the version numbers don't match. This overrode any bad versions and things look good now. 

Sorry for the bother! 

- Joseph 

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

Sorry to open this post again.
I have a similar problem. I'm using a container and script from FileMaker14 to install the plug-in, but I get an error message that the plug-in failed to initialise. The database, containing the container, is running from a FM Server 14.
And when look in the preferences I don't see the script there.

This all happens when I use windows and on my Mac al installs well.

When I instal the plug-in manually (just by dropping them in the extensions folder) it works fine.
But thats not the way I would like it to have.

Anny suggestions?

Cheers

Koen

Hi KoenK,

What version of ScriptMaster are you trying to install? Make sure that you have the correct plugin in the container field that matches the bitness of FMPro (.fmx for 32-bit, .fmx64 for 64-bit). Additionally, make sure that you do not have any of our plugins that are from pre- December 2014 as this is when we went to a new framework.  For Scriptmaster this is versions < 4.32 . 

This topic is 3145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.