Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP start-up and DB opened shows nothing

This topic is 3250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Latest PMP 14.0.1 version on a Mac.

I have this often with several DB'.  When FMP is not running I open a DB by double clicking it (this also states FMP) and I see just the outline of the layout, no records nothing.  This happens intermediately, not always.  I have not been able to see a trend as to when it happens.  However it seems to always be after a new start of the computer, but not always.  In order to see the records I need to close the DB and reopen.  

For your information this happens since a long time, is not new to 14, I also had it in 13 and 12.

Anybody any idea as to why this happens?  Thanks.

I’m assuming that PMP is suppose to be FMP i.e. FileMaker Pro?

Do you have similar problems with other programs, or is only FileMaker Pro.

Have you tried fixing the Disk Permissions? Done a Hard Restart?

To fix the permissions, open up Disk Utilities, highlight the Hard Drive and then “Repair Disk Permissions”? Hard restart is holding down the keyboard combination of cmd + Opt + R + P than let your machine Bong 3 times and on the 4, release all keys

Lee

Hi Lee, good morning.  Nice to see you here too in this forum.  Thanks for your reply.

Sorry typo.  PMP indeed = FileMaker Pro.

Only FMP has this.  As said, this is not new to 14, I also had it in 13 and 12.  Since than done all that you suggest.  And no it has not helped.  I also repaired the DB, complete removed FMP and installed again, using official software.  No cigar.

I always forget to ask, have you tested this file on a different machine?

I have had graphic cards fail in the past in my laptops. 

If you don’t have access to one, let me know. You can always make a no record clone, strip out all of the confidential data and post it here.

A lot of us would be happy to test it for you,

Edited by Lee Smith

Lee, I just asked my colleague who uses it too, and no he never had the problem.  We both have a copy, but i am the one with admin rights.  Whenever it gets updated it get synchronised to that machine.  Both are on MBP'.

This topic is 3250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.