Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Deploying FileMaker via Apple Remote Desktop

This topic is 3234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

According to the Tech Docs at Filemaker, it is possible to deploy the FileMaker app via Apple Remote Desktop. Unfortunately FileMaker makes it extremely difficult to find the actual files on their website to do this, but their support was able to provide a direct DL link to a .zip file that contains a shell script that SHOULD in theory allow me to create a packed installer that I can deploy to my Clients via the Remote Installation command available in Apple Remote Desktop.

Link to the File Here

However, I am not very familiar with Shell scripting and even following the documentation that FileMaker provides I am unable to create a package of the FileMaker installer. When I type the syntax described in the .sh script nothing happens.  I am confused by the statement "make it an executable script by changing the permissions of the script via chmod." and am hoping that somebody can point me in the right direction.

I apologize if this is in the incorrect location but I was unable to find a specific sub-forum that related directly to deployment FileMaker.

Solved: There are actually two commands that need to be run separately from one another.  I thought it was one long command.  PEBKAC.

Edited by James Gill

This topic is 3234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.