Filemaker and QuarkXpress

This topic is 8033 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Jour!

I'm a graphic designer. My compagny finaly decide to stop using publisher on Pc

to produce magazine and starting using quark on a Mac(Thanks godness!!)

I could't be happier... But we are using Filemaker a lot on all the Pc in our office

and they want me to bring picture and the writers article store in our database to my Quark layout. How on earth this could be done, I have no clue... Could you give me some info? (plugs-in for it, article to read) In short anything !!

Thank a lot...

irislis

Sorry for my english mistake but I'm french canadian.. This is the best I could

manage.

N.B:I do some programming (mostly Java, asp, VB script, lingo,html) I'm not familiar at all with FIlemaker in the programming side but I design our interface on our database in filemaker so I'm know the window menu and how to work in it enought to follow explanation. Thanks!!

I've recently finished a solution outputting data (legal ads) in a XPress format ...

Basically put the XPress tags in one or more fields, with "fixed" text and with placeholders (i.e. [[ContactName]])

Then substitute the placeholders with your file's data and create a text file containing the result, either exporting to a text file or (better) creating directly the file using a plug-in like Troi file or File Tool Box

(Images are a problem I didn't have to deal with, so other will be able to provide better info ...)

• Newbies

Thanks!! Mille Merci!! to both of you, slstrother and Pupiweb for these lead...

I really appreciate. It's going to help.

If anybody have other info please let me know. I heard of a possible problem of picture size shiffting when going from Filemaker to Quark, or other Mac software... Is this true?

This topic is 8033 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.