Server Maintenance This Week. ×

LIne Chart Assistance

aguest

This topic is 3211 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a table with raw data in it that contains a data and Grade. I've created two calcualtions also wihtin this table for AcademicTerm, which translates the date into an equivalent school term, the other is a summary field which basically counts the Grade field.

I want to chart the grades over time (grades range from 1 to 4)through the use of a line chart.

What I've done so far, is through the use of a script, summarise the data  (chartdata) into a layout (chartdatasumm) which is based on a temp table where the data gets deleted everytime the script runs.

I've then tried to chart this and it kindof works. Chartindiv show what I want (ish) but it has the term repeated across the x axis for each record, and ChstSummary just shows the first row from each term.

Is there an easy way to get what I want without having to transpose my data so that my Grades (1-4) are four columns instead of rows? I hope that makes sense. :)

TIA

chartdatasumm.png

chartdata.png

chartindiv.png

chartSummary.png

HI Eos,

That is exactly what I'd like but the lines flipped so the term is the x axis and the lines show the grades.

I can't get this to work for me though. Are you able to explain it as I can't see how it's been done as I can't go into edit mode in the layout.

TIA

That is exactly what I'd like but the lines flipped so the term is the x axis and the lines show the grades.

Right; check out this attached file; and …

I can't see how it's been done as I can't go into edit mode in the layout.

… that is probably a problem with OS level permissions under Windows which sometimes seem to get scrambled when unpacking a zip archive that was created on a Mac. Make sure you have write permission on the file; the database itself has the default Admin account.

LineChartSQL_eos.fmp12.zip

This topic is 3211 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.