This topic is 3146 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for the great product. I can't tell you how much it has sped up the solution process for our tutoring business. I have a few questions and issues:

1. The Calendar Search appears not to be working, and my attempts to debug have been futile. For example, I add a ToDo called "Tutoring Session." When I search "tutoring" or "Tutoring" or "Session" or any combination thereof on the search string entry it comes up as empty search. I have gone into the script and everything seems to make sense, so perhaps I am using the search in a way it's not intended to be?
  2. I have been having issues connecting the projects module to the timesheets module. When I go to the Add Line Item I can add everything except for a project. The popover displays and I can enter everything. When I click the search icon on the project's field, the projects do show up (someone else had been having this issue before I saw). But after I click on one of the projects it doesn't go put it in the box on the popover itself. I hope this makes sense. I do not have this issue with the staff on the main data entry timesheets page. I noticed that in the relationships section of the data manager the timesheets section only connects to a staff table. Could this be the issue perhaps? I tried to fix it by adding a new table, but my attempts were futile. 
  3. Is there a way to connect timesheets to Calendar, or simply to have a ToDo connected to a timesheet as well? For our tutoring business, we would like to add tutoring sessions to the Calendar as a ToDo, but we also would like to be able to track the hours each tutor has worked in the most recent pay period with the timesheets functionality. Is there a way you can recommend modifying fmstartingpoint or an easy way to integrate them like this? Having the ability to just add timesheets to the Calendar would remove the need for ToDos at all, which are tricky because they don't allow length of time for meetings, only when they start. I saw in a previous post Richard said that the new timesheets would have the ability to add the functionality easily, which would be awesome.
  4. Is there a way to create basic charts off contact data to present to the customers in a module? I have considered modifying the estimates module to do just this, but it would be helpful if there were a better solution, since you guys know better.

Thanks so much for any help! Help with #2 and #3 would be greatly appreciated, as our ability to create timesheet structures them around connecting them to projects and putting them on a central calendar. Again, thanks for the great starting solution as well, which has helped so much.

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for your interest in our product!

In response to your questions:

1. Thank you for reporting this possible bug. I will have the team look in to it and get back to you on any/all possible solutions. 

2. This bug has been fixed in the newest version of Starting Point, recently posted. 

Here is how I fixed it:

There is a scripting error in script 1801, it sets the wrong field to have the product ID and throws off the whole Script. You must change line 14 to be what it is in the attached photo. It is currently T_17h1, and it needs to be T_18f

Screen_Shot_2015-08-06_at_2.10.00_PM.thu

3. We have several consultants who are able to help you with this sort of thing, and even do it for you for our hourly rate! We are unable to provide all necessary steps over our tech support.

4. We have an excellent traing course for FMPro 14 that will walk you through everything you need to learn how to create charts. The videos of our course that cover this material are #1420-1422. If you do not have our course, it is available for purchase here: http://www.learningfilemaker.com/

Thanks again!

-JH

• Newbies

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the detailed response!

1. Thanks for looking into it! I still haven't been able to get it to work, and I would be happy to provide additional details if necessary.

2. That fixed it, thank you!

3. Could you describe or send me a link to the options available and their pricing? We are interested in getting some help customizing the calendar to our needs beyond just this too and a few hours of consultation and personalized support may be the right fit. 

4. We will look into this, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Andreas,

1. I have personally looked into this issue, and have discovered that it is indeed a bug that we are looking into fixing in our next iteration of FMSP.

2. Anytime!

3. We at RCC have a few options available to our customers when it comes to consulting:

A. RCC offers excellent training videos to help you learn all about FileMaker and FM Starting Point. Our paid Video course is available at http://www.learningfilemaker.com/ for a low one-time payment of $49.99.

We also have some free videos that are sent out weekly and are also available on our youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/FileMakerVideos

In addition to these videos, RCC also provides a monthly live training webinar whenever Filemaker themselves are unavailable to do so. More information is available here: http://www.filemakerusergroup.com/

B. RCC also provides Personal Coaching at a reduced hourly rate. This is an option available for those who are looking to learn more about FileMaker and want to develop their own solutions. Our Coaching is available for $50/hr and is provided on a one-on-one basis by one of our FileMaker Engineers.

C. Another option available to our customers is Outside Consulting work. The benefits of this option are that the work is done for you at a much faster rate than the Personal Training or Training Videos would allow, and also you are not required to learn to be a FileMaker Kung-Fu Ninja. The standard hourly rate for this option is $135/hr, but we assure you that the quality and speed of the work is well worth every penny!

Thank You!

-JH

This topic is 3146 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.