Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Importing Images - Huge Problem

dinoapolito

This topic is 3175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I recently upgraded to FMP14 from FMP12.

I have a big problem with a solution that has worked perfectly in Version 12 and earlier but is now broken in Version 14.

The program freezes and becomes responsive with any layout that has an image in a container. After a minute or two the form will be responsive until I try to do ANYTHING on the form again. Change modes, enter data, just click on an object - anything at all - it will become unresponsive again.

Upon further investigation it seems the problem only occurs with Images containing meta data. If I strip the same image of its metadata it imports fine. Furthermore it seems to only be a problem if the image is referenced. If it is embedded then there is no problem even for images with metadata.

Can anyone help? I'm desperate for an answer to this 'bug' as there are dozens of people using this solution and had been using it happily in FMP 12.

Many Thanks

Dino

Dino,

How is the field configured on the layout to handle container data? If you select the field in layout mode, in the bottom of the inspector on the "data" tab, under "data formatting" options, what is the field optimized for? Does switching off interactive content make a difference?

Mike

• Newbies

Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

The container is only used for jpeg images. In the data formatting option you mention it is set to 'Optimise for images'. The interactive content' option is unchecked.

Further investigation shows the problem is to do with image rotation in the jpeg's EXIF. Only images with the rotation specified in the metadata are affected. If I strip the metadata or simply rotate the images before importing then all is OK. But neither of those are an option.

I hope this helps.

Dino

PS. This is very reproducible. I have a simple one table solution for testing that demonstrates the problem I could upload if needed.

This topic is 3175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.