Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Warning 661

bnuttman

This topic is 3145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Since we upgraded to Windows ver.14 server and workstations, I (as administrator) am constantly getting the following email message when users log in:

"2015-09-15 09:14:23.987 -0700 Warning 661 ABCdbDC001 Client "Bruce (Bruce-THINKPAD) [192.168.16.81]" authentication failed on database "ABCdb.fmp12" using "Bruce [fmapp]"."

This happens whether the user logs on correctly or not. All users are using windows and only one file is opened with logging in.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue?

Thanks,

Bruce

• Newbies

How are they launching the solution?  A shortcut?  A launcher file?

Is the file set to auto-login (in the File Options)?

The users have a shortcut, but I have tried both the shortcut and File-Open Remote and get the same error message.

It is not set to auto-login for anyone.

Thanks for the reply.

This is an all-windows setup (workstations and server)?  Are all machines part of a domain and are the users logged into their workstations with a domain account?

What type of shortcut?  An fmp url or a small FM file that acts as an "opener"?

• Newbies

This is an all-windows setup, both server and workstations.

The shortcut is an fmp url and there is no extra file that acts as an opener, I get the same error message when I do a File-Open Remote and choose the file.

I am not sure about the domain question, will have to ask the network admin.

I am remote and log in using a vpn and am not part of their domain and do get the error message everytime I log in.

• Newbies

Wim,

As far as your question about domains, here is the answer from our network admin:

"All of the computers running Filemaker are members of the RSA domain. All of the Filemaker users must authenticate with a RSA domain account and a Filemaker account."

What probably happens is this: your setup qualifies as a SSO capable setup and FM - recognizing that - first tries to authenticate the user based on their logged-in domain account and that fails, generating the 661 error.  FM then prompts the user for a FM account.

If I were you I'd switch to using External Authentication and take advantage of the SSO capabilities and remove all account management from FM...

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5508

Edited by Wim Decorte

This topic is 3145 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.