User select to batch print reports

This topic is 3138 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have several reports which I'd like the user to be able to select from a list and then have FM print overall upon one button press, rather than the current set up I have which is a button on each report which fires the relevant print script.

To add a little layer of complexity to the process, the reports need a letter index added to them prior to printing.  This is because, depending on the circumstances, in one instance Report XYZ could have an index position of say, 'D', but the next time, due to an additional report being required, Report XYZ would have the index position of 'E'.  This index position needs to be visible on the report.

The reason I'm posting is because I'm not really certain where to start on this one.  The one thing I do have is a table which lists all the reports and currently allows a user to enter any report via a portal list based on that table.

Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated on this!  Thanks

Why not list the reports in a custom menu aptly named Reports.  If you want the report to immediately print you can add that to the script, you can put in a pause, or let the script enter Preview Mode, then hitting enter will print the script. 

the reports need a letter index added to them prior to printing

Added where?  In a field named something like 'Title'?  And what is an 'index position' (record number?) and how does it get populated

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply,

The custom menu sounds like a neat idea, I'll have a look at that one.

Regarding the index, it's basically a part of the title, so a report may be called 'Sales trend over five years' and have an index letter of A, which appears as 'Index A' on the report (top right). ( Sorry for the use of 'Index' as a term, it's not to be confused with the traditional FM sense of the word!)

The idea is that the user can enter A, B, C, D etc at some point, that's what I'm not 100% certain with yet.  The user will know which reports they want and in what order, so for example, if there's a report which is required to appear BEFORE 'Sales trend over five years', this instead would take 'Index A', as defined by the user, who would then reassign 'Index B' to 'Sales trend over five years' on a manual basis.  If I could get that running automatically, that would be great, but FM would need to know which the first report is and how far to go with the lettering....so to start with, I'm keeping it simple!

Thanks

This topic is 3138 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.