Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Any v11 to v14 Runtime issues/things to be aware of?

This topic is 3086 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm just about to start converting a large v11 runtime solution to v14, it will be used at many end-user sites, with many different configs, ranging from a few Win Vista (I note this isn't covered by the system requirements of v14), Windows 7 (the majority), Windows 8/8.1 through to some testing Windows 10 (including older 32-bit and modern 64-bit OS installs).

Are there any issues/problems to be aware of in v14; especially in consideration over v11 and with Runtime solutions?

My v11 Runtime system is extremely stable, experiencing no issues over the past few years, which is testament to the design and FM version considering a large solution user base. I'm starting to upgrade as I phase out v11 as a development platform - which has proved to be very stable over the past 4 years.

I was also hoping to find a good "bible" type detail book to refresh myself on the new v14 features, but there only seems to be a "missing manual" guide on v14 available from Amazon.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by devices99

The system requirements as you noted would be the main issue. The other would be 32 vs. 64-bit, which needs to match the user's email client if your solution sends mail. I don't know for sure if that applies to runtimes but I'd be surprised if it doesn't.

The system requirements as you noted would be the main issue. The other would be 32 vs. 64-bit, which needs to match the user's email client if your solution sends mail. I don't know for sure if that applies to runtimes but I'd be surprised if it doesn't.

Thanks Fitch, no emails in this solution so that hopefully won't be an issue. Will it run on Vista just unsupported, or is it blocked like version on the incorrect Mac OSes are? I have a custom installer so can weed out Vista if required, but happy to let users run at their own risk until they can upgrade to a higher OS.

• 1 month later...
On 07/10/2015, 23:42:04, Fitch said:

I suppose you could try it, but I wouldn't expect a FileMaker 14 runtime to work on Vista.

I've just removed the support in my custom installer so all users need Win 7 SP1 or higher now. Saves a lot of additional testing, and potential issues.

This topic is 3086 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.