Webdirect auth screen save credentials?

Reed

This topic is 3094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Back in the days of IWP, it was possible to change the iwp_auth.html page so that the authentication form would allow a user to save the username/password in the browser for future access.  This worked fairly well in place of SSO for web users since it only required them to click one more time and change the saved password when their AD password changed.

I can't find anything in the docs or on forums for accomplishing a similar goal in webdirect.  The fmwebd_home.html file only has a shell which could allow you to put your own logo, etc on the db home page, but I can't find anywhere to modify the authentication form.  I fear the code for it is in some jar file and there's no config file that allows enabling of saving passwords

Without this feature, I fear that users will rebel at having to input their IT mandated 15 character strong passwords again every time they access a db.

WebDirect™ is an entirely different technology that was IWP.  So, you ought not expect to find analogous behavior.

That said, there are enough vulnerabilities associated with web browsers without letting another one into the mix. Depending on how your network is configured, you can use external server accounts here.

Steven

We are of course using external server accounts, but those AD passwords have to be 15 characters long and most of the web apps (silverlight ones, sharepoint, MS project web app) do SSO in the browser.  If users have to type their passwords in repeatedly it will definitely cause complaints.  It's interesting that the FM server Admin auth page allows password saving, but not the one for just accessing a DB...

This topic is 3094 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.