Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

FMS 14 Windows IIS and Mirror Sync 2 Apache Tomcat

NoelFouts

This topic is 3171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I noticed that our FMS 14 windows server 12r2 installation uses IIS server - ports 80 and 443 for web direct.  I also already have Apache running on port 8080 for a different PHP application.   Before I begin the Mirrorsync 2 installation - I would like to know what problems I will be running into.  Its my understanding that Mirrorsync will be installing Apache on ports 80 and 443.  This of course will conflict with the FMS 14 installation.   I appreciate any community wisdom offered before I begin this process. 

MirrorSync does not install Apache. It assumes that Apache exists on OS X, and that IIS exists on Windows. It will install itself as a CGI in your existing IIS for the /MirrorSync address, and use the existing IIS ports (80 and 443). Therefore, I don't see any way that it would interfere with your additional copy of Apache running on port 8080.

In case anything does not work with forwarding the web server, MirrorSync will always be available on port 42424, even if the web server forwarding does not work, or if you were not running IIS or Apache.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your explanation.  Nice architecture by the way!     We've done some basic speed testing with Mirror Sync vs. your popular competitor.   Mirror Sync blows the competitor away (tested over high latency VSAT connections at both ends).    We are an aviation company that works all around the world in low bandwidth/high latency environments.  Our Electronic Flight Bag solution has been running since 2012 on FMGo 12 and server 12.  We are now on FMGo 14 and server 14.   We've used our own rolled sync solution for local LAN syncing when aircraft returns to base.  Now however to support centralized operational control - we would like to have one server back at HQ in the US and have all iPads sync with it.   This requires a performance tuned 3rd party solution.    I look forward to becoming a paying customer soon.  Now I just need to start the integration into our solution. - Noel, Flight Operations, PACTEC International

This topic is 3171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.