A few mirrorSync 2 questions

This topic is 2991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi I have a few questions as an existing MirrorSync user:

• On my mobile file, to keep my size down I would like to get rid of all the layouts that are for the computer. Can I delete all those in my mobile file if I keep the sync layouts? The tables would all be the same, I just want to delete the layouts I am not using for mobile.
  • Is there a way to only keep certain records on the mobile device to reduce the size? For example, I would like to only keep records that are within the last 30 days. Can I add this to my customization script? I dont want to delete them on the server, only the mobile file. 
  • Lets say I want to have mutliple clients of mine using mirrorsync. I will have multiple installs of Mirrorsync on the server as I understand it. Is it possible to have the same Sync script steps loaded for the different clients and have a field in the customization script that defines which client they are and which database they should sync with? Like a key that I would provide and have them input it?

Thanks very much.

#1: Yes, that would work fine.

#2: Yes, that is easy - just modify your customization script to only find records with a creation date ≥ ( Get( CurrentDate) - 30 ). See http://docs.360works.com/index.php/MirrorSync_advanced_topics#I_don.27t_want_to_sync_my_entire_database_to_my_offline_users._Can_I_just_sync_certain_tables.2C_fields.2C_or_records.3F for more details.

#3: The configuration UUID is embedded into the sync script. It is possible to find this and manually change it, but I would recommend re-pasting the script for each separate client. It doesn't take very long at all to run through the configuration and copy and paste at the end. You can export and import the configuration from the first client to get everything set for the second client, and then just change the database name.

@Jesse Barnum

Thank you very much for the reply Jesse.

On #3 - I am wishfully hoping that this apple SDK will pan out and I can put my solution on the app store, with an option to sign up for the syncing with a paid plan. Any recommendations to go that route? How hard would it be to replace the UUID with a field? Is it in multiple places? The database and sync fields would be the same for all clients. 

This topic is 2991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.