Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Data visualization on grid

sassolino

This topic is 2991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone,
I would transport an excel table in filemaker, and I would maintain the same logic. This excel sheet contain the orders, one per row. The row color changes according to the state of progress. Pushing a button after the selection of the cell, all the data of the order along the row are shows in a form with tab.
How can I transport this Excel in filemaker? Which tools are necessary? Is realizable?
Thanks in advance for help and/or suggestions!

P.S. I'm not sure if this is the right section of the forum, my apologies!

• Newbies

Sorry for my english!
I'm talking about the Excel worksheet, there is a button at the top of the sheet that changes the view of the data. The button action is to copy the order data (every cells of the row) in a new windows that appears over the sheet. In this window the layout is with tabs for a better data organization.
I hope that my description is more clear.
Thanks

I am guessing (!) you want to show your records in a List view, and have a button that switches to Form view to show the clicked order in more detail.

If not, please post some screenshots to illustrate what you want. Keep in mind that Filemaker is a database, not a spreadsheet.

• Newbies

Yes, this is how the actual spreadsheet works. I would maintain the same logic in the filemaker solution.
I saw that with filemaker is possible to have different layouts and jump from one to another. In this way I suppose that is possible obtain the detail of order. However how can obtain a list that show all the orders, where every line represents an order and every line may have a different color that indicates a different state of the order?
Thanks

This topic is 2991 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.