Portal data does not display when I find a record, but shows when I go directly to that record

NewFM85User

This topic is 2929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am using Filemaker 14 and Filemaker server 14.

I have people DB, Product DB and orders DB.

On People DB, I have portals for ralated Products and related orders.

People and Orders are related only through Products table.

When I open the people layout for the first time and navigate through records to the record I want, I see the products and orders in the portals.

But when I open the people layout for the first time and search for the record I want, I only see the data in products table and I do not see the data in orders table.

When I click the ralated button I have for products, it takes me to orders layout but shows zero records. I can find the order with order number on orders layout and I see people data on oders layout.

This used to work perfect in filemaker 8.5. I am testing convertion to filemaker 14 and I have this issue.

I have also shared these files for webdirect and I do not see this issue from WPE.

When I make any DB changes an the DB, the records show up. But again when I close the application and reopen and find the record, I dont see them.

Please advise.

One of the fields in the portal is the field from related table of the field displayed in the portal and that field is a container field which contains the image of the product. I think the issue is with that. If I remove that field and add just the product name, I am able to display the portal data by searching the people data.

If I copy the same portal to secondary tab, it displays all the fields in the portal including the container field.

This topic is 2929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.