Problem installing SC Companion Plugin with FM Server 14

This topic is 2934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I can install SuperContainer 2.93 for my FM Server 14 running on OSX Mavericks, and got it running fine. However I am not sure how to install the Companion Plugin.

I copied the SuperContainer Companion Plugin 2.93 into different folders

• /Library/Filemaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpc/Plugins
  • /Library/Filemaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/Plugins
  • /Library/Filemaker Server/Database Server/Extensions

but I still get an error message when I start the SuperContainer Example.fmp12 file saying that the SuperContainer Companion plugin is not installed.
I did restart FM. Tried rebooting the osx machine, and restarted FM Server and SuperContainer. Would appreciate some help!!

Hi kathylin,

The locations you have installed the plugin are for use with scheduled scripts and PSOS on FM Server (/Library/Filemaker Server/Database Server/Extensions) and for Web Publishing (/Library/Filemaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpc/Plugins). However, the demo file is doing a check to see if the plugin is installed in the FileMaker Pro location. There are a few locations to install the plugin for use on FMPro. See this page for install locations. Try that out and let me know if you continue to have issues.

• Newbies

Thanks ryan360works, for your quick reply. I looked up the page you gave me and tried to copy the plugin into those folders, but somehow the directory names described don't match exactly those on my mac os system. Finally I found out that it is possible to install plugins by dropping them into a Filemaker container, and then calling a script to insert the plugin file. I did just that and was pleasantly surprised to see that it worked!

That is a definitely a way to install them as well. For your reference, that should put the plugins at /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/VERSIONNUMBER/Extensions . The "Library" folder is a hidden folder by default so you have to use "cmd+Shift+G" and enter in "~/Library" to navigate to that folder or you can unhide folders.

This topic is 2934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.