Google Maps Display Stopped Working Correctly

This topic is 2911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there,

I hope I'm posting in the correct forum for this; please excuse me if I am not.

We have FileMaker Pro 13 running on 6 client computers - 4 at our office, and 2 in our home. All machines are running Windows 10, except for one at the home which is on Windows 7. All are using Chrome as the default browser.

We are a housecleaning business, so our original programmer (many years ago) implemented a Google Maps button in order for us to view a client's location on a map quickly from FileMaker.

It has worked fine for a long time, and then a few weeks ago we noticed that when we view a map, the left-hand "info panel" is just blank white and appears to be stuck in an eternal loading loop. If the map is left alone, the left-hand panel never finishes "loading".

This only occurs on a few of the client computers - three at the office, and one at the home. All computers are up-to-date both with browser and Windows Update. 

Attached please find a screenshot of the issue, with the blank white left-hand info pane. I have also attached a screenshot of what a map looks like on one of the working computers.

(I borrowed FileMaker's corporate address for my example maps!)

We did not install anything new on the computers, nor have there been any changes.

I'm at a loss as to what could possibly be going on, or how to fix it. Any advice/help is appreciated.

Thank you.

fm_map_1.jpg

fm_map_3.jpg

LakotaWolf

Hi!  Can you find out any difference between the computers where the image is OK vs the computers where you get the White Box? On a Windows computer, the browser engine used for the WebViewer is always IE.  Maybe you have different versions on the two groups of machines.

Can you get into Layout Mode and view the code that is pulling up the google map?  if so post that code here.

Jerry

Edited by JerrySalem
wording

This topic is 2911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.