FMP 14 Advanced, Database Design Report bug with Value Lists

This topic is 2866 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

All,

I was using FMP 14Advanced, Database Design Report, to search for unused Value Lists (not used on any layout). I found out that a Value Lists is still reported as 'used' on a layout if a field had it assigned to it (i.e. CheckBox or anything else), BUT was then reverted to a normal Edit Box field.

How can I permanently remove these VLs from being reported in the 'Value Lists' section, column 'On Layouts', or is this a bug in FMP14 Advanced?

I'm in a catch-22 situation: to delete a VL, I have to be in Layout mode, select a Field, then pick CheckBox and edit the VLs. Then I delete the unused VL, and revert the field to an ordinary Edit Box. The problem is that the last VL selected (at least 1 has to be, no option for 'none' or 'remove') will still be reported in DDR, even if it's not actually being used.

A workaround might be to define a 'bogus' VL an make sure that one is selected before reverting back to a normal Edit Box. Still tedious.

Or am I missing something, and can VLs be defined elsewhere (ie. not in Layout mode)?

Edited by Roeland De Windt

I found a partial answer to my question, to define VLs without passing via Layout Mode. This will solve my catch-22. I can now define a bogus VL, assign it to all standard Edit Boxes that had a VL assigned previously (checking them in DDR, then making them Check Box temporarily, then assign bogus VL), then delete the VL once all fields are reverted back to Edit Boxes.

From the online manual:

Defining a custom value list

1. Choose File menu > Manage > Value Lists.

Passing through the DDR and assigning a bogus VL temporarily is however, a tedious workaround. I have as yet no way to prevent previously selected VLs on standard Edit Boxes from being reported in DDR in the first place.

Edited by Roeland De Windt

This topic is 2866 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.