Can't figure this out. I'll bet it's simple!

This topic is 2879 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'll be honest: I'm new to filemaker. I needed a solution on a problem I couldn't solve with Excel. My colleague opted to try it with Filemaker (even though she never wordt with it ether). I'm sure my problem can be solved using filemaker. I'll bet it's quite simple. I just can't find it.

I'm trying to make a simple database to simplify orders we regularly have to place. As you can see in the file, I've created 3 tables. (more to come) All three tables have the same titled fields. In the field: 'Amount' I can fill in how many items I would like to order.

On the table 'order' I only would like to see the items I'm about to order. (when I put a value in the 'amount' field, it should be projected to this page) I do not need the other items on this page. (They are not a part of that order) See the scan for a quick sketch of the layout of the 'order' lay out.

When (for example) I do not need anything from the layout 'kits', this section should not be seen on the 'order' layout.

Any help is much appreciated. I'll bet it has something to do with 'relationships'. I'm just lost right now.

Many thanks.

Geert Willems

order layout.jpg

test fase.fmp12

2 minutes ago, Geert Willems said:

As you can see in the file, I've created 3 tables. (more to come) All three tables have the same titled fields.

These three tables should be rolled into one Products table. You can use a Type field to distinguish between the three types of products.

OTOH, you need to add a line items table to join between Orders and Products - and the "Amount" field (i.e. Quantity) needs to be in this table.

See a basic demo of an invoice solution here:
http://fmforums.com/topic/63425-auto-fill-one-field-with-text-from-two-fields/#comment-300150

This topic is 2879 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.