Append to PDF

This topic is 2736 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Through a scripted routine a client system generates a new contract and exports as a pdf as a temporary file (Get(TemporaryPath).  It then creates an invoice, exports as PDF and appends this to the contract and finally it sends the whole pdf out via email.

This year the client would like to have a sales related pdf that is not generated in Filemaker be the first document in the process, appending the contract to that PDF and finally the invoice to that, so that the client receives one pdf that first has the sales piece, with the contract appended and finally the invoice appended.

This all happens in a looping routine, moving on to the next client contract after the first one is sent.  The issue is that FMP modifies the first PDF by appending to it.  Subsequent contracts are appended onto the same file so the second customer gets the first customer's contract and invoice as well.

Is there a way to do this without having an ever increasing document?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The salesy document is a polished document that is produced by their marketing department.  If it were a simpler document I would implement it in Filemaker and start there, but its richness makes it seem ill-suited to Filemaker.  I suppose that I could do that if another method isn't an option.

My attempted solution was to just put the file on the desktop of the machine that sends the contracts and coded Save as PFD script step to append to that PDF.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.  I appreciate it.

7 hours ago, datalink said:

My attempted solution was to just put the file on the desktop of the machine that sends the contracts and coded Save as PFD script step to append to that PDF.

You should insert the file into a container field (say in a one-record Preferences table). Then have your script export the file to a known location, append the contract and the invoices of one client to it, send the resulting file and repeat. Test this to see if pauses are required so that you do not overwrite the resulting file before it is sent.

Edited by comment

This topic is 2736 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.