External Server & Active directory

This topic is 5337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have three groups (Admin,Staff,student) in active directory. How can I design a login page by which I can redirect each user based on their login credentials (groups). Because I have to redirect Admin and staff to one webpage and student to another. And I want to make sure that student does not get access to the staff and admin webpages. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There's a Get(PrivilegeSetName) function that you could use in a script that runs when the file is first opened.

Also, if you change the rights to certain layouts/tables the user wouldn't be able to see anything on those layouts (and might not be able to access them in the first place).

Are they accessing through IWP or something?

• Newbies

I am using fmstudio to develop the application in PHP via custom publishing. I want to have single login page for all the users but based on their groups they are redirected to different pages. my concern is how can I authenticate each user against the groups in Active Directory.

Application is such that one group (students) they can only access the forms.

second group (staff) can only view reports.

third group (admin) can view and generate reports.

Ah, well I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help then since I don't have experience with that.

Can you authenticate to AD via PHP and have a returned result indicating which page for them to send to? Sorry I can't be much help.

OK, first, I would recommend that everyone in this thread read the External Servre Authentication tech brief on the FMI Web Site.

Second, the Get(PrivilegeSetName) function returns the FMP Privilege Set name of the active Account.

To use External Server Authentication you need groups in the FileMaker Pro file and matching Groups in the Active Directory domain.

When the user authenticates, AD and FileMaker Server will communicate with one another. If the user is deemed valid, he or she will be admitted with the privileges assigned to the FMP Group in the FMP file. The privileges are not determined in Active Directory.

Steven

This topic is 5337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.