Check box set problem

reynir

This topic is 3633 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I have a table with standard comments in icelandic and english, named standard comments.

I use the field comments::standard comments in icelandic as a checkbox set in a form in a sample table.

When the user checks one or more values the field sample comments in icelandic updates.  If I uncheck value the sample comments in icelandic updates.  

I also have a field which is comments in english and is a looked up value based on a relationship between comments::standard comments in icelandic and sample::standard comments in icelandic. 

When I check one or more values in sample::standard comments the field sample::comments updates but when I check one sample in sample::standard comments the looked up field comments in english updates only once.  If I check more than one the field stores only the first one checked.  If I uncheck the first value the fields does not clear the first value.

The scenario is that the user is working in icelandic but the output is both icelandic and english.

Hope you understand my problem.  Maybe I should make this via script??

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Reynir.

When I check one or more values in sample::standard comments the field sample::comments updates but when I check one sample in sample::standard comments the looked up field comments in english updates only once.  If I check more than one the field stores only the first one checked.  If I uncheck the first value the fields does not clear the first value.

Sounds like Icelandic to me …  :laugh:

Maybe I should make this via script??

Maybe use a better structure, like 

YourMainTable --< CommentsInTable >–– Comments [the comments themselves] --< CommentsInLanguage [a comment's language variants] (>-- Languages)

In your main table, let the user choose from

YourMainTable --< CommentsInLanguage_viaLanguage (filtered by a languageID / name constant in YourMainTable )

and add their selections to CommentsInTable.

Since you're only storing IDs, this makes it easy to generate output in all or selected languages (and even let the user choose their working language, or designate a fixed one).

This topic is 3633 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.