Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Unable to get it to fetch all mail

This topic is 2849 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there

I have an issue where it will not get all the mail from the exchange mailbox (using imap). I have tried a variety of things including deleting all the messages for that mailbox before trying to fetch (and resetting the serial) because initially if I did this it seemed to get all the mail instead of just one but now each time I only get one message regardless for this inbox/account. There are 4 emails in the inbox and I am just getting the latest one not all 4 which is my desired outcome.

The issue seems to be at the line of code where it says... Exit Loop If [not EmailGetNextMessage] - as it appears to be exiting before it has been through all the messages in the xml file? I have two accounts set up and the other account is also not clearing all the messages (56 out of 170) - again I have cleared out all "message" records so it should not think that any already exist?

I am not sure why it keeps exiting. I am using version 2.17 of the mail plugin and running it both on the server and on client (same result from script on both). I have tried changing the exit loop to met another condition instead but still no luck. The EmailGetMessageCount( 1 ) seems to be returning a correct number of messages but the exit loop is happening before it has created all the messages. I have attached the script. I want to get all messages in the inbox each time as during initial testing if we deleted mail from the exchange server it was not showing as deleted in filemaker - and we need what is in filemaker to reflect exactly what is in the exchange mailbox.

Is it something simple that I just need to alter in the script so it does not exit until it has created all messages?

Kind regards

Katy

fectch mail script.pdf

Changed the Exit Loop to be $EmaiNextMessage ≠ 1

But then I was only getting every second one as I caused my own headaches by adding...

If [ (not EmailGetNextMessage) and ($count = 2) and ($messageCountCustom > 0) ]
Beep
End If

...when I was trying to troubleshoot and of course then it was calling the EmailGetNextMessage function twice so I was only getting every second one!

Changing the Exit Loop condition and disabling the test I had added has meant I have now been able to get the full set.

Happy things are working now as expected. Good lesson on being careful about adding in a test like that and the implications.

Edited by kiwikaty
Worked it out!

This topic is 2849 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.