FM 14 Webdirect Stopped working

This topic is 2789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have Filemaker 14 running in a virtual server on Server 2012 with no problems.  Somebody decided to restart the server for what reason we do not know, which of course killed the virtual server and we restarted it.  Initially Filemaker server would not start (in services) I figured out the reason why, I moved the dbs_config.xml from the Preferences folder and then fired up the Filemaker server and it started with no issues.  We only have 1 problem now, the webdirect does not work, we can see the webdirect webpage and see the databases but whenever when click on them we get the message "Database Not Available" although everything appears okay.

Can anyone help on this, thanks
Paul

What made you move the dbs_config.xml file, that's a very unusual move and typically does not resolve the issue you are describing?  Did it restart the deployment wizard when you next started the admin console?

It was recommended on one website, I have the original and can put it back.  No it did not restart the deployment wizard when I started the admin console

Here was the link https://community.filemaker.com/thread/151649

We had many users that needed to get in unfortunately.  I just put the old dbs file back and Filemaker service would not start like before error 1033, then put back the newer one that was created and it started up with no problem.

Edited by Tron50

As I mentioned in that thread you refer to: I don't consider removing the config file to be a good solution.  It may have gotten you out of your current problem (albeit with having to rerun the deployment wizard), but the real problem is somewhere else and not solved.

This topic is 2789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.