SSL CSR & Correct Sub-domain

This topic is 2798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just installed FMS 15 on a Windows 2008 R2 machine - everything checked out and the install went smooth.   I then purchased a Wildcard SSL certificate from Go Daddy.  I generated a CSR from the FMS Admin Console and pasted the encrypted text into Go Daddy's text box to setup my SSL.   Here is the problem:

The CSR generated from the FMS Console set the domain as mydomain.com instead of fmpserver.mydomain.com

Where does Filemaker Server Console get the information used to generate the CSR?  

How do I get FMS to generate a CSR with the correct sub-domain?   It is a FQDN  (sub) that resolves directly to the Public IP on my server.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jim.

Hey Wim - thanks for the reply.   I understand exactly what you're saying here but I don't get the dialog you provided in your screenshot.  I only get the option to Download or Start Over and not given the option to provided the correct info.  Where are you getting the dialog box in your screenshotFMPS_Screenshot.jpg?

Thanks again!

Jim

Thanks Wim - I have tried your suggestion (previously) as well as uninstalled and reinstalled FMS 15 and tried generating the CSR (which does happen - just without any dialog/input from me).  At no time am I prompted with the dialog in your screenshot.  Have you heard of anyone else having this issue on a windows machine? Could this possibly be a bug (surely someone else would have had this issue previously).   Again I really appreciate your help.    

Thank you!

Jim

FMPS_Screenshot2.jpg

Edited by Jim Gill

Update:  Problem Solved!  I may have misunderstood Wim - I was deleting the *.pem files from the Admin Console.  

1. I went directly into the C:\....\Filemaker_Server\ directory and did a search for *.pem.  I then deleted all the files with a modification/creation date of yesterday or today(I actually cut/pasted them into a folder onto the desktop - just in case) .  
  2. I then went back to the Admin Console and clicked the Create Request button and was blessed with the dialog box in Wim's screenshot.  

Thanks again Wim - you led me to the solution.

Best,

Jim

PEM_FIles.jpg

This topic is 2798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.