Cannot access second portal

DIG

This topic is 2733 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All - I have attached a sample file, I cannot figure this out. I am trying to write portal rows into two separate portals (i will likely have four) using value lists.

The first portal works no problem and no matter what I try I cannot get the second portal or another script to write to the second portal; can anyone help me please?

Ultimately I will have this script run on record load? / record create to reduce steps a user needs to do.

Daily Pre Start-UL.zip

OK, fixed my code up a little and now I can write using portal 2 button, but only blank lines are being written - still its progress.

I also renamed my Valuer lists in case that object name conflicted with portal names which were the same.

Updated file attatched

OK, fixed code again & removed new record creation scripts. 

I can now write to both windows at the same time, My issue is now multiple blank lines are being written to both portals.

Updated file attached 

Daily Pre Start-UL.zip

Edited by DIG
Removed older file

So far it doesn't make sense. There is nothing different about portal 2 (or potentially, portal 3 or 4).

Therefore: field Item2 should be deleted.

Do you have some sort of category in mind that these portals will represent?

If so - you will need to specify the category and filter these portals by category.

Yes the portals are representing categories, apologies for being unclear.

Do you have an example file or perhaps a reference to a starter solution that does what you are recommending? 

I don't know where to start.

Edited by DIG
Rookie Pleading

Hi BruceR - That is great thank you for making the time to show me, you are right I was able to easily add multiple types of categories easily. 

I have a quick question, I tried to get tricky and add the portals to a slide control and they stopped populating is this by design - is there something extra I am supposed to add to the script?

Thanks

Troy

That should have made zero difference. But the design change uses numbered sections. You have not described what change you made in any detail. Note also that the portals are filtered by their section number.

This topic is 2733 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.