Pre-populate your database

This topic is 2745 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

http://docs.360works.com/index.php/MirrorSync_advanced_topics#Can_I_pre-populate_my_offline_database_to_speed_up_initial_sync.3F

so i tried to do this part today

f you're syncing with a copy of the server file, but for file size reasons, you don't want them to download a complete copy of the database, follow these steps:

• Duplicate your main database and delete all of the records that you don't want the offline users to download
  • Host this duplicate file on the same FileMaker Server as the main file.
  • In the configuration editor, select the option to 'Sync with a separate mobile file', and then select that duplicate file as the mobile file.

With these steps finished, when your users use the download link feature of MirrorSync, it will download the trimmed-down duplicate file instead of a copy of the main file.

ok so one thing would be nice.

• when you are making reference to the different files and you need to be working in one vs the other, can you bold the file name and change the colour. That would be nice to distinguish between the file you need to be working in

When i deleted all the records in the new duplicate file, i also reset all the serial numbers back to default on every table but the one table i was keeping populated (products has 12000 records and images so this is what i wish to ship out with the data already intact). I had some major issues doing this with a new configuration, so i ended up doing a new configuration synching to the same file in order to be able to finish the configuration. I than went back and hit edit the config so that I could select 'sync with a separate mobile file' (remember it wouldn't let me go any further by selecting this as default). I managed to get all the way to the end, jumping between files first the desktop version, and than to the duplicate file.

Last step it was asking me to past tables into my duplicate file and to copy the script step into the duplicate. I could get a green check mark for the script steps, but i could not get the paste tables to achieve a green check mark (it remained with a triangle). The tables that where being pasted in made no sense (please see attached photo) and because i could not get it to give me a green check mark i hit finish anyways. On sync everything looks okay (except some conditional formatting that used primary keys that are now mirror sync managed and not the same value), and these new pasted tables remain at a zero records and never used. Not sure what to think about that.

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 1.17.07 PM.png

Tables are sorted by creation date, so you can see that after pasting in the mirror sync table, that I ended up pasting the other tables above it

Edited by NateJames
clarified the table image

ok so this is what i was saying happens on a clean configuration, same file duplicated, invoice and invoice line items removed including layouts

all tables, scripts, and layouts of mirror sync have been removed before uploading to the server. After selecting "sync with different mobile file"

this is the window i get.

Interesting enough is that none of those items exist on my iPad configuration. I purposely deleted them earlier on

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 2.26.21 PM.png

and if you hit next to skip past that

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 2.34.32 PM.png

Edited by NateJames
clarification

so to finish the sync setup you need to not select "sync with a separate mobile file" but instead go through like a normal setup

So than I click edit on the config engine and proceed to walk through to make the change to a separate mobile file

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 3.35.10 PM.png

when you hit next your are presented with this screen

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 3.35.25 PM.png

once you get past that and setup your relationships etc ( i left that alone but added my sql filter

where id_staff = '{MIRRORSYNC_USERTOKEN}' OR id_staff = 'STA47'

i was presented with this option to past the script steps into a file. but what file as i am given misleading information -- i am going to assume the iPad copy

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 3.45.23 PM.png

and i haven't pasted anything yet so why is it checked Green?

when you hit next again this is the new screen

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 3.50.52 PM.png

This topic is 2745 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.