Download PDF from URL

This topic is 2677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I use tpdf to create pdf files from a FileMaker database.  This results in a URL that opens the "Save As" dialogue box. I would like to have a FileMaker script that will opens this URL and automatically saves the pdf to a programmed-in location.  Will SuperContainer do this?

I don't know about SuperContainer but...

For security reasons, you can't bypass the Save As from a browser (think about the fun malware creators would have if the browser would simply save the contents of a URL to an end users hard drive...)

But - FileMaker has an Insert from URL script step, and an Export Field Contents script step.

So, if you can know the URL, you can insert to a Container field, then export the contents to a known location.

Thank you both for your suggestions.  I'll give the Insert from URL script a try.

Ben, my URL leads to a php page that can either (depending on how I code it) 1) create a pdf in the browser, or 2) create the pdf and open the "Save As" window so the pdf can be downloaded.   If I use SCSetContainer, do you know if I would end up with the pdf or the code?

This topic is 2677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.