Multiple DropDown list alternatives help

This topic is 2687 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The lack of support for Drop Down lists in FM Go is creating havoc for me. I want to be able to create a Quote on site at a customer with two particular fields, one is not a problem thanks to Phil Caulkins excellent demo on Auto-Filtering portals, (ProductName), as it is part of the QuoteLines Table the other one however is not, (Dept), and is currently sitting with a few hundred options. Typing in the name, with the probability of getting it wrong, is very time consuming on a phone. part of it is right but the Dept Field is defeating me.

The file is a dogs dinner but it is only meant to test the functions it is not a work file. Go to the Quotations layout

Any assistance would be very much appreciated

iOSDropTest.fmp12

Why not use a pop over with a portal that shows all the choices that a user can filter on by typing a possible name? I started using that everywhere where a plain drop down would be too long or I want them to be able to search on first and or last name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Agnes Riley said:

Why not use a pop over with a portal

Hi Agnes,

Thanks for your response. If you look at the demo file that is what I had done but I was stuck at inputting the Dept as that is in an unrelated table. I have now solved the issue though using exactly what you suggested, I just had to add a new layout and relationship

This topic is 2687 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.