cbombeck

Printing SubSummary on each page

Hello! I have a report setup with a sub summary sort, and it works great.  When I go to print the report, I would like the sub summary row to print at the top of each page - is this doable? I already have it set to do a page break after each section, but if the pages get mixed up, there would be no way to tell what sub section they belong to. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks! 

Using Filemaker Pro 15 Advanced on a Mac 

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 11.40.04 AM.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Richard Carlton
      Summer is over and our weekly FileMaker webinars are back! 

Our first one is this Thursday at 11am PDT, on “Relationships for Beginners”. 

Register Here: 
      https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6892433068111504642 

We will spend 30 minutes covering a specific topic. Then the last 30 minutes will be an open Q&A on any topic.

Topic List:
      Sept 13th: Relationships for Beginners
      Sept 20th: Find Records, Date Ranges, and Special Operators
      Sept 27th: Conditional Formatting (Can I making something Red?)
      Oct 4th: Automation (Repetitive Tasks can become Scripts)
      Oct 11th: Reporting & SubSummaries
      Oct 18th: Merge Fields and Hiding Objects (Harry Potter Invisibility Cloak)
      Oct 25th: Sharing your FileMaker App with Co-Workers
      Nov 1st: Basic Concepts for Building Mobile Apps

All the best, 
      Richard Carlton 
      CEO & Video Trainer
    • By Chris Dragon
      Crestline, CA - 2empowerFM Developer Assistant and Hands-Free Printer updates are now available to correct incompatibilities with FileMaker 17. All other 2empowerFM plug-ins have been tested as FileMaker 17 ready.

Developer Assistant v3.3 is available immediately at developer.2empowerfm.com. This is a free and recommended update for licenses purchased Feb 10, 2016 and later. In addition to FM 17 fixes, a number of bugs and errors that affect earlier FM versions were also fixed. Full details of fixes and changes can be found in the release notes.

Hands-Free Printer v3.66 is available immediately at print.2empowerfm.com. This is a free and recommended update for licenses purchased May 16, 2014 and later. In addition to FM 17 fixes, HFP for Windows corrects a bug in setting the 'All pages' checkbox and can now set msctls_trackbar32 printer-specific controls. Full details of fixes and changes can be found in the release notes.

About 2empowerFM Plug-ins

Our 2empowerFM line of plug-ins save you time during FileMaker development and add powerful features to your FileMaker solutions. Our plug-ins include:

2empowerFM Developer Assistant
      - Quickly search all scripts to find ones containing a string or pattern.
      - Find table names, function and script step names, field metadata, and more, without generating a DDR.
      - Replace text in script steps and in the multi-line text boxes of any dialog.
      - Debug and develop faster by evaluating highlighted expressions immediately instead of copying, closing dialogs, and pasting into FileMaker's Data Viewer.

2empowerFM Hands-Free Printer
      - Automate printing and control printer-specific settings.
      - Save money by enforcing the use of double sided and toner saver modes.
      - Prevent costly mistakes like printing all records instead of current record.

2empowerFM Menu Popper
      - Pop-up multi-level menus anywhere on a FileMaker layout.
      - Use unique dropdown menus to show type-ahead search results from multiple searches.
      - Make menu items bold, italic, underlined, bulleted, or add separator lines between items.

2empowerFM Keyboard and Mouse
      - Easily link hotkeys to scripts, create image-map buttons, and change the mouse cursor.

2empowerFM SQL Runner
      - Insert and Update data in any FileMaker table without changing layouts or creating extra table relationships.
      - Use an SQL query in a calculated field to generate dynamic pop-up lists.
      - One of our FREE plug-ins!

2empowerFM Text Toolkit
      - Perform powerful search and replace in database text using Perl-compatible regular-expressions.
      - Generate a hash of data using many algorithms including SHA512, SHA256, and MD5.
      - Another FREE plug-in!

2empowerFM Clipboard Explorer
      - Save and restore objects on the clipboard including stylized text, FileMaker scripts, and layout objects.
      - Also totally FREE!

Pricing and Availability

Plug-in updates are available immediately at 2empowerFM.com

Updates for paid plug-ins are free for those who purchased a license within the last year, or longer if intervening plug-in releases contain only minor new features or small fixes. Check the dates posted in the release notes to see if you qualify for a free upgrade on your particular plug-in license. All older licenses may be upgraded for 50% off the price of an equivalent new license.

All plug-ins can be tested for 30 days free of charge and demos are fully functional. Up to three demo extensions are available upon request.

About Dracoventions

Dracoventions is a FileMaker Business Alliance (FBA) member located in Crestline, CA, USA. Dracoventions is focused on inventing software that empowers you to save development time, expand FileMaker's abilities, and create a better user experience.

With over 25 years of software engineering experience, company-founder Chris Dragon was inspired by the business needs of a FileMaker-based non-profit to create the 2empowerFM Family of Plug-ins. These plug-ins include Developer Assistant, Hands-Free Printer, Menu Popper, SQL Runner, Text Toolkit, and more. Plug-ins are available at 2empowerFM.com

Contact

Chris Dragon
      Dracoventions

Email: support@dracoventions.com
      Web: http://www.dracoventions.com
    • By ggt667
      How can I extract content from sub summary layout objects using? https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/16/fmp/en/index.html#page/FMP_Help/getlayoutobjectattribute.html
      I'm able to grab the content from the first subsummary, not the remaining however.
      The following:
      set field( output; GetLayoutObjectAttribute( 'header', 'content' ) & GetLayoutObjectAttribute( 'row', 'content' ) & GetLayoutObjectAttribute( 'footer', 'content' ) ) works fine, the bad thing is that only row 1 finds its way to the output-field.

• By hutchlad
      Hey Guys,
      Just a quick one, I have a large report that groups products together via Style, and has totals at the bottom in the green section (I realise they arent totalling but thats not my issue)
      My issue is, that when I export as a spreadsheet, my products stay grouped by Style, but I cannot for the life of me get the totals to stay underneath the columns of each group! Any help or advice would be appreciated, I just want it so that its in the format below with the group of products, then the totals beneath.

• By Rachel
      This is my first time posting, and I apologize if this is the wrong place. I've only been filemakering for a few months, so again, apologies if this is a stupid problem.
      I could use some advice.   I'm working on a solution that must create monthly reports in the following form:   http://i.imgur.com/Cf4Fjic.png   I've given up trying to bend the summary fields to my will, and began using the following approach:   Make two new tables - Queries and Reports.   In queries table, I have fields for M1, M2, M3, Region, Category, Subcategory and four result fields (M1, M2, M3 and YTD.) I also have foreign key into the reports table.   Then in reports table, I portal into the Queries table.   When report is run, a bunch of queries in queries table are created. The Results are populated via ExecuteSQL expressions.   My question is mainly this: Is this too backwards? I feel like maybe this is too weird of an approach and I"m just missing something simple about reporting and creating summaries?

Thanks!  
  • Who Viewed the Topic

5 members have viewed this topic:
    _ian  igservices  Adam S  Noél Dubau  JavierDura 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.