Leading Sub-summary

keckfmp

This topic is 5118 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would think this would be easy to achieve, but I can't figure it out and have searched all over to no avail. I want a sub-summary to print at the top of every page with a maximum of 6 body records printed.

Here are some examples of how this should look for various numbers of records within the sub-summary grouping. In this example, there are 18 records in the found set, the sort field breaks them up into 3 groups (3 records, 6 records, 9 records). I want that displayed as follows:

Page 1:

Sub-summary group 1

record 1

record 2

record 3

Page 2:

Sub-summary group 2

record 1

record 2

record 3

record 4

record 5

record 6

Page 3:

Sub-summary group 3

record 1

record 2

record 3

record 4

record 5

record 6

Page 4:

Sub-summary group 3

record 7

record 8

record 9

For that last group I want the Sub-summary part printed on top of both page 3 and page 4.

I played with various combinations of page breaks, page breaks after x occurrences, etc. For that third group it will simply print the final 3 records at the top of page 4 with no leading sub-summary.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Guest

It's not you! FM doesn't directly support repeating sub-summary parts if the body breaks across a page.

I believe there's a technique out there for this. I don't have time now to search, but maybe Michael (comment) will chime in. It's probably his technique that I recall, lol.

This topic is 5118 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.