cril

SOAP authentication

Hi I'm trying to develop an interface between my filemaker database and a SOAP service. No where in the wsdl is there any authorisation so I believe I need to send my username and password before the SOAP envelope. I'm trying to do that with Scriptmaster but there are only three input parameters none of which appear useful for generating or inputting the HTTP authorisation Basic that needs to be in place. I can't see the fedex modules which may have had the parameters I needed. Can anybody help/advise or suggest another plugin I should use.

Many thanks for reading this.

Care to share some details, this seems too much to guess... then those of us who have done it might be able to help...

Hopefully you can John. Here is what works on the test suite of the service I'm trying to create a link to and it gives me the answer I expect and probably can work with. I cannot see how the necessary information can be put into scriptmaster with the parameters available. Of course that may not be the correct plugin so that leads me to ask if there is any other options people can suggest to a relatively unsophisticated newbie:-) I am using Filemaker as my database on a mac and this was created and tested on SOAPUI.

POST http://api.test.scoteid.com/api HTTP/1.1
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
SOAPAction: "http://api.scoteid.com/api/SMGetCattleHoldings"
Content-Length: 553
Host: api.test.scoteid.com
Connection: Keep-Alive
User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)
Authorization: Basic aWFpbkBmYXJtc29sdXRpb25zLmNvLnVrOlN0cmVhazc3MjI=

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:api="http://api.scoteid.com/api/">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <api:SMGetCattleHoldingsRequest>
         <ApplicationName>ScotEID Desktop</ApplicationName>
         <ApplicationVersion>1.0</ApplicationVersion>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <ApplicationKey></ApplicationKey>
         <SchemaVersion>1.7</SchemaVersion>
         <Timestamp>2016-12-22T12:16:27Z</Timestamp>
      </api:SMGetCattleHoldingsRequest>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Edited by cril

Hi Cril,

i see this is the old post with no answer. Have you resolved this?

35 minutes ago, milanm said:

Hi Cril,

Hopefully you can John. Here is what works on the test suite of the service I'm trying to create a link to and it gives me the answer I expect and probably can work with. I cannot see how the necessary information can be put into scriptmaster with the parameters available. Of course that may not be the correct plugin so that leads me to ask if there is any other options people can suggest to a relatively unsophisticated newbie:-) I am using Filemaker as my database on a mac.

POST http://api.test.scoteid.com/api HTTP/1.1
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
SOAPAction: "http://api.scoteid.com/api/SMGetCattleHoldings"
Content-Length: 553
Host: api.test.scoteid.com
Connection: Keep-Alive
User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)
Authorization: Basic aWFpbkBmYXJtc29sdXRpb25zLmNvLnVrOlN0cmVhazc3MjI=

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:api="http://api.scoteid.com/api/">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <api:SMGetCattleHoldingsRequest>
         <ApplicationName>ScotEID Desktop</ApplicationName>
         <ApplicationVersion>1.0</ApplicationVersion>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <ApplicationKey></ApplicationKey>
         <SchemaVersion>1.7</SchemaVersion>
         <Timestamp>2016-12-22T12:16:27Z</Timestamp>
      </api:SMGetCattleHoldingsRequest>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I'm not very good with the reply tools here so I sent you a message as well.

Yes I got it to work thanks with the help of the plugin from BE. If anyone needs more info I'd be delighted to help out.

Cheers

Iain

42 minutes ago, milanm said:

Hi Cril,

Finally worked out how to reply. Yep got it working and happy to share with whoever needs help.

Cheers

Iain

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DarioDN
      Dear all, I've just create a script to export my records in multiple xml file (one xml for each record) applying also an XSL stylesheet.
      So, if I use the style.xsl taking from my computer ("source" button when filemaker ask me to select the file) it works. If I put the same file online, it doesn't work giving me a SAXParseException error: internal error in NetAccess (occurred in an unknown entity, at line 0, column 0).
      In the same folder where I have the style.xsl there are other xsl files that works, but they are used to "import" process (from XML to FILEMAKER, while in this case I'm working to an export process, from FILEMAKER to XML, I don't know if this could be the problem)
      Someone could help me to understand the error? Thank you
      <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:fmp="http://www.filemaker.com/fmpxmlresult" exclude-result-prefixes="fmp" > <xsl:output omit-xml-declaration="yes" indent="yes"/> <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/> <xsl:template match="fmp:FMPXMLRESULT"> <xsl:for-each select="fmp:RESULTSET/fmp:ROW"> <xsl:text>&#xA;</xsl:text> <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;!--</xsl:text> <xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[1]/fmp:DATA"/>.<xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[2]/fmp:DATA"/>.<xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[3]/fmp:DATA"/><xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">--&gt;</xsl:text> <problem display_name="Checkboxes" > <choiceresponse> <label><xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[4]/fmp:DATA"/></label> <checkboxgroup> <choice correct="{fmp:COL[6]/fmp:DATA}"> <xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[5]/fmp:DATA"/> <choicehint selected="true"><xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[7]/fmp:DATA"/> </choicehint> </choice> <choice correct="{fmp:COL[9]/fmp:DATA}"> <xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[8]/fmp:DATA"/> <choicehint selected="true"><xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[10]/fmp:DATA"/></choicehint> </choice> <choice correct="{fmp:COL[12]/fmp:DATA}"> <xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[11]/fmp:DATA"/> <choicehint selected="true"><xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[13]/fmp:DATA"/></choicehint> </choice> </checkboxgroup> </choiceresponse> </problem> <xsl:text>&#xA;</xsl:text> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:template> </xsl:stylesheet>  
    • By 360Works
      At 360Works, we are focused on helping FileMaker Developers build what works best for their clients by providing products that extend the functionality of the FileMaker platform.
      If you need to add features or customize your database, now is the perfect time. The 360Works DevCon discount is available to receive 15% off of your online order using promo code DEVCON18 during checkout, now through August 10, 2018.

Click on any of the product links below to learn more or place your discounted order!
      Products and Updates
      This year, we are excited to showcase major improvements in 360Deploy and MirrorSync. Our Email and FTPeek Plugins have also received added features that leverage powerful technology found in Amazon Web Services. We are able to demo in more detail the following NEW updates for you at our DevCon booth:
      360Deploy - now uses the FileMaker Data Migration Tool, experience faster and easier FileMaker data migration and solution version management MirrorSync - more details coming soon, you will want to ensure your maintenance is up to date to receive the newest features when they are released. If you are eligible for a maintenance renewal (still within 1 year of your last maintenance activation), you can renew your maintenance here. Email Plugin - now uses AWS for sending SMS/Text Messages, send texts to subscribers from your FileMaker solution and receive the additional benefits of a complete email plugin with formatted inbound and outbound email sending capabilities. It's a 2-for-1 deal. FTPeek Plugin - now uses AWS S3 for file storage, FileMaker FTP Plugin that is easy to implement and supports SFTP and FTPS  
        Current Suite of FileMaker Plugins and Tools:
      Product Name Product Description 360Deploy Automated, simple deployment of new database versions Charts Easy-to-use charting for FileMaker CloudMail Send and track email marketing campaigns Email Send and receive text and HTML emails in FileMaker DocuBin Document and digital asset management FTPeek FTP upload and download from your FileMaker database JDBC SQL access with JDBC Compatibility MirrorSync Sync FileMaker Go and Pro on a device without network connection, sync FileMaker Servers, and sync FileMaker with SQL databases Plastic Payment processing plugin RemoteScripter Trigger scripts on FileMaker Pro from the web or IWP SafetyNet FileMaker Server offsite backup Scribe Read and write PDF, Word, and Excel files ScriptMaster Adds many new functions & create custom plug-ins SuperContainer A better container field Web Assistant Access internet resources, URLs, and fill out web forms Web Services Manager Publish FileMaker scripts as XML Web Services Zulu FileMaker calendar sync Stop by Our Booth: Free MirrorSync Consulting, FileMaker 17 Books, and More!
      Our booth will be by the entrance of the Longhorn "F" Hall
      Free Consulting - MirrorSync Setup Station:
      Heard about MirrorSync and just haven't found the time to get it set up? At DevCon, we are taking care of the setup up for you! That's right, a service which we typically provide at our hourly consulting rate, we are providing to you, completely free at the 360Works booth during DevCon 2018 (reply to this email for information on limitations).

Once one of our experienced developers sets up MirrorSync for you, the syncing possibilities will be endless. With MirrorSync, you can sync any combination of FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Go, FileMaker Server, and SQL databases such as MySQL, SQL Server, WordPress, Salesforce, and more! You can even test it out by using it to sync your data while on the go at DevCon. If you need more people or databases to start syncing with a particular database, adding additional configurations and devices is a cinch!

Spots are filling up fast! Please email us at infobox@360works.com if you are interested in setting up time or to learn more about limitations and preparation.
      Free FileMaker 17 Book from Richard Carlton Consulting:
      Are you a fan of the FileMaker Training Videos? Richard Carlton will have free copies of his new FileMaker 17 book available at our booth. Please note, the books will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Be sure to stop by our booth to secure a copy of the book.
      Sessions - NEW UPDATED TIMES
      The 360Works team will be presenting at two sessions during DevCon 2018, both are now on WEDNESDAY morning:

1.) 360Works Session: Wednesday, August 8th at 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
      Room Location: Dallas 5 - 7

360Deploy: The Solution for FileMaker Version Management

Introducing 360Deploy 2, now leveraging the FileMaker Data Migration Tool released with FileMaker 17 and supporting remote deployment to multiple servers! 360Deploy makes it easier and faster than ever to deploy your development database to production. With just one button, 360Deploy clones, transfers, imports, archives, renames, and resumes... while preserving all of your production data. Come see how simple 360Deploy can make your FileMaker development changes.

This session will also include a short presentation of new features added to 360Works MirrorSync. For a more detailed syncing demonstration, please stop by the 360Works booth (#1).

2.) Integration Session: Wednesday, August 8th at 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
      Room Location: Texas C

Beyond Virtual Machines: Tapping into the AWS Universe of Services

This session is NOT about how to run FileMaker Server or FileMaker Cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS). Instead, we will embark on a one hour tour of the incredibly powerful software as a service (SaaS) offerings from AWS. AWS is the largest cloud computing vendor in the world, with services such as real-time message queues, machine learning, and massive on-demand general computing services. You'll learn how to interact directly with any of these services by sending AWS requests using the FileMaker Platforms Insert from URL, JSON, and encryption features. Recommended Background: Experience with the Insert from URL script step, REST APIs, cURL, and JSON.
        Stay updated with 360Works

• By 360Works
      The 360Works FTPeek plugin uploads, downloads, and manipulates remote files on an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server from within any FileMaker solution.
      FTPeek version 2.1 is now available with an added feature supporting uploads and downloads from Amazon S3!
      Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) runs on the AWS Cloud Infrastructure. It remains a highly-rated, industry-standard for data storage and retrieval, of any amount of data. As with most AWS services, S3 is versatile, reliable, and secure. It offers flexible storage management and administration capabilities, along with a simple interface that you can use to retrieve data from anywhere on the web.
      Getting started with Amazon S3 in the 360Works FTPeek plugin is easy. Using the function FTPeek_ConnectS3 will connect to your Amazon Web Services account when specifying the parameters for your AWS region and bucket, access key, and secret key. Once connected, you can then upload, download, and list files like any other FTP Server. Full reference documentation can be obtained at 360works.com/ftp-plugin
      Pricing for FTPeek starts at $195 for a 10-user workgroup license - less than $20 per user! Current version 2 license holders can upgrade to FTPeek 2.1 at no additional cost. Version 1 license holders can upgrade to version 2 at a nominal cost. For more on upgrade pricing or to download, please visit 360works.com/ftp-plugin
      More Reasons to Use the 360Works FTPeek plugin:

Security: public encryption key is included with support for FTP over SSL (FTPS) and FTP over SSH (SFTP) Universal Binary cross-platform support: Windows and Mac compatible Runs on your FileMaker Server: Automate nightly FTP batch transfers with scheduled scripts or embed FTP scripts into WebDirect or Custom Web Publishing Transfer directly to/from FileMaker fields: FTP documents and images directly from text and container fields to the FTP server Includes a built-in FTP user interface: Give users full FTP access to the server, a full-featured, 100% FileMaker FTP solution is included with the plugin  
      What Do Other FileMaker Developers Think?
      "I think you guys are filling a big gap with that single plugin. The fact that it supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS is key . We have replaced two plug-ins (one for FTP and one for SFTP) with a single plugin and can now offer FTPS as an alternative to our customers." - Matt Klein, Small Business Computers of New England, Inc.
      Free Demo or Download FTPeek 2.1 Stay updated with 360Works

• By 360Works
      Need a Way to Send SMS/Text Messages from FileMaker?

We have released a new update for the 360Works Email Plugin, version 3.1, allowing you to send text messages from FileMaker leveraging technology from Amazon Web Services along with improvements to the plugin when used on Windows.
      We like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and as you may have noticed, we use AWS technology in a lot of our product updates. AWS has been a scalable and reliable remote computing infrastructure for our software and we have a great depth of experience in implementing their services into our development.
      Recently, we've been working on improving the SMS/text message service for our Email Plugin, and Amazon's Simple Notification Service (SNS) API was the optimal technology to leverage for sending SMS in FileMaker. Unlike using other gateways, there is no need to hassle with lengthy account set ups and various expensive complicated pricing models. In fact, if you already have an AWS account you can get started for free and use the 360Works Email Plugin for sending text messages right now!
      How it Works
      With the 360Works Email Plugin now using the AWS SNS service, you can push out text messages to a large number of subscribers on their mobile devices. Example business use cases:
      Notifying a customer that a pet is ready for pick-up on their mobile device Sending project update alerts to teams on the go Confirming and reminding clients of appointment times via text message Virtually any case you can think of where a mobile message service is needed!  
      The AWS functionality in the Email Plugin is easy to set up, operate, and reliably send notifications to all your endpoints - at any scale. It takes just 1 function call to send a text message from FileMaker; simply enter your AWS Access Key, AWS Secret Key, a phone number, and a brief message like so:
      EmailSMSSend("AccessKeyHere";"SecretKeyHere";"17702349293";"Your Message Here"]
      ...and you're done!
      Where required by local laws and regulations (such as the US and Canada), SMS recipients can use their devices to opt out. Developers can manage sending settings in their AWS console.
      Using the 360Works Email Plugin is a great way to send SMS in FileMaker Go. You can trigger a script on a machine that has the Email Plugin installed. Using FileMaker Server, you can have routine scripts that will process all the outstanding function calls or even use 360Works RemoteScripter Plugin to trigger server side scripts. Your users can send text messages from their FileMaker Go custom app, whether using an iPhone on the field or an iPad throughout the office.
      Pricing and Availability
      The Email Plugin is essentially a 2-for-1 deal. When you purchase it you receive the SMS/text message functionality as well as the powerful email sending capabilities of the plugin, such as sending and receiving HTML formatted and multiple attachment emails with SMTP, POP, and IMAP servers.
      The Email Plugin starts at $195 and is available with 3 different tiers: Single-User, Workgroup (10 users - local use), Enterprise, and Solution (Vertical Market option). If you plan to use the Email Plugin for server-side use of any kind, such as SMS in FileMaker Go, you will need the Enterprise license.
      This new version, Email Plugin 3.1, is a free update for those currently using major version 3. You can go right to the Email Plugin page and download the current version.
      Sending costs are extremely low and handled through AWS. The first 100 messages sent to US numbers are free. Messages after 100 sent and any non-US numbers incur a per message charge, pricing can be found in our docs wiki (docs.360works.com). Currently, this charge is less than a penny per SMS.
      If you would like implementation services, please contact us at infobox@360works.com and we will be happy to take care of the entire SMS implementation process for you or provide a guided walk-through at our hourly consulting rate.
      It is free to try the Email Plugin. There is a fully-functional demo version available and you can test the functionality in our sample file as well.
      We value the feedback from the FileMaker Developer Community. Please let us know if there is a feature you would like to see in our plugin(s) at plugins@360works.com
      "I wanted to publicly thank Sam Barnum from 360Works for OUTSTANDING customer support! I needed to be able to put inline graphics into outgoing "blast" emails for one of my clients. We use 360Works' email plug-in for it's ability to run from a script running in FMPS - these "blasts" go out to a few thousand people and run at night. Sam responded immediately to my request for help, offered to make an addition to the plug-in to handle the inline graphics and built it for me in very short order... So, THANK YOU SAM. And thank you 360Works." ?Mark Woytovich, Ignotum Inc.
      Free Demo or Download Email 3.1 Stay updated with 360Works
    • By 360Works
      360Works Products Tested for FileMaker 17

FileMaker 17 is here, and we are excited for the update. At 360Works, we strive to provide the best possible service and support to our customers and to always keep our products compatible and flexible.
      Testing our plug-ins with FileMaker 17 has been completed with each current version available on our online store. We are happy to report that we do not need to release any new versions of our plug-ins listed below, as the current versions you already have will continue to work. Other products we offer have also been tested, and will work with FileMaker 17.

Last year, we released a major update to our plug-in framework. If you haven't caught up with our big framework change, be sure to check out this article.
      Easy Installation

Install plug-ins with ease using the Install Plugin File script step in all environments. For legacy systems, auto-update is supported as well. Find out more at 360works.com/autoupdate.
      Compatibility with the FileMaker Platform

360Works products are compatible with the following deployment options:
      FileMaker Pro Advanced FileMaker Cloud FileMaker Server: scheduled scripts FileMaker Server: Perform Script on Server from FileMaker Client FileMaker Server: Perform Script on Server with WebDirect, Data API, and XML Web Publishing  
      We are delighted with the continued development and innovation of the FileMaker platform and in the FileMaker community. We are proud to be a partner and trusted resource in the FileMaker ecosystem.
        "We use 360Works plug-ins with our clients without hesitation. They're easy to implement, and work dependably, and KEEP working dependably. Their excellent support is just the icing on the cake."
      —Scott Love, Soliant Consulting
        Current Products and Versions

Product Name Product Description 360Deploy 1.01 Automated, simple deployment of new database versions Charts 2.08 Easy-to-use charting for FileMaker CloudMail 3.08 Send and track email marketing campaigns Email 3.08 Send and receive text and HTML emails in FileMaker FTPeek 2.08 FTP upload and download from your FileMaker database JDBC 2.08 SQL access with JDBC Compatibility MirrorSync 4.0 Sync FileMaker Go and Pro on a device without network connection, sync FileMaker Servers, and sync FileMaker with SQL databases Plastic 3.08 Payment processing plug-in RemoteScripter 2.08 Trigger scripts on FileMaker Pro from the web or IWP SafetyNet 2.01 FileMaker Server offsite backup Scribe 3.08 Read and write PDF, Word, and Excel files ScriptMaster 5.09 Adds many new functions & create custom plug-ins SuperContainer 2.9511 A better container field Web Assistant 2.08 Access internet resources, URLs, and fill out web forms Web Services Manager 1.7 Publish FileMaker scripts as XML Web Services Zulu 2.1 FileMaker calendar sync   If you find a couple of these products to be helpful, you may want to look into the 360Works Portfolio Bundle, where you can obtain the entire suite of plug-ins and add-ons with a savings of 75% off of the full price!
      Stay updated with 360Works
  • Who Viewed the Topic

5 members have viewed this topic:
    _ian  igservices  Adam S  Noél Dubau  JavierDura 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.