cril

SOAP authentication

Hi I'm trying to develop an interface between my filemaker database and a SOAP service. No where in the wsdl is there any authorisation so I believe I need to send my username and password before the SOAP envelope. I'm trying to do that with Scriptmaster but there are only three input parameters none of which appear useful for generating or inputting the HTTP authorisation Basic that needs to be in place. I can't see the fedex modules which may have had the parameters I needed. Can anybody help/advise or suggest another plugin I should use.

Many thanks for reading this.

Care to share some details, this seems too much to guess... then those of us who have done it might be able to help...

Hopefully you can John. Here is what works on the test suite of the service I'm trying to create a link to and it gives me the answer I expect and probably can work with. I cannot see how the necessary information can be put into scriptmaster with the parameters available. Of course that may not be the correct plugin so that leads me to ask if there is any other options people can suggest to a relatively unsophisticated newbie:-) I am using Filemaker as my database on a mac and this was created and tested on SOAPUI.

POST http://api.test.scoteid.com/api HTTP/1.1
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
SOAPAction: "http://api.scoteid.com/api/SMGetCattleHoldings"
Content-Length: 553
Host: api.test.scoteid.com
Connection: Keep-Alive
User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)
Authorization: Basic aWFpbkBmYXJtc29sdXRpb25zLmNvLnVrOlN0cmVhazc3MjI=

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:api="http://api.scoteid.com/api/">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <api:SMGetCattleHoldingsRequest>
         <ApplicationName>ScotEID Desktop</ApplicationName>
         <ApplicationVersion>1.0</ApplicationVersion>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <ApplicationKey></ApplicationKey>
         <SchemaVersion>1.7</SchemaVersion>
         <Timestamp>2016-12-22T12:16:27Z</Timestamp>
      </api:SMGetCattleHoldingsRequest>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Edited by cril

Hi Cril,

i see this is the old post with no answer. Have you resolved this?

35 minutes ago, milanm said:

Hi Cril,

Hopefully you can John. Here is what works on the test suite of the service I'm trying to create a link to and it gives me the answer I expect and probably can work with. I cannot see how the necessary information can be put into scriptmaster with the parameters available. Of course that may not be the correct plugin so that leads me to ask if there is any other options people can suggest to a relatively unsophisticated newbie:-) I am using Filemaker as my database on a mac.

POST http://api.test.scoteid.com/api HTTP/1.1
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
SOAPAction: "http://api.scoteid.com/api/SMGetCattleHoldings"
Content-Length: 553
Host: api.test.scoteid.com
Connection: Keep-Alive
User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)
Authorization: Basic aWFpbkBmYXJtc29sdXRpb25zLmNvLnVrOlN0cmVhazc3MjI=

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:api="http://api.scoteid.com/api/">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <api:SMGetCattleHoldingsRequest>
         <ApplicationName>ScotEID Desktop</ApplicationName>
         <ApplicationVersion>1.0</ApplicationVersion>
         <!--Optional:-->
         <ApplicationKey></ApplicationKey>
         <SchemaVersion>1.7</SchemaVersion>
         <Timestamp>2016-12-22T12:16:27Z</Timestamp>
      </api:SMGetCattleHoldingsRequest>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I'm not very good with the reply tools here so I sent you a message as well.

Yes I got it to work thanks with the help of the plugin from BE. If anyone needs more info I'd be delighted to help out.

Cheers

Iain

42 minutes ago, milanm said:

Hi Cril,

Finally worked out how to reply. Yep got it working and happy to share with whoever needs help.

Cheers

Iain

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Laura Griffin Long
      I have an rss feed that returns data like this: 
      2009 LLCs, Corporations, & Business Legal Updates
      2009 Personal Finance Legal Updates
      2010 LLCs, Corporations, & Business Legal Updates
      2010 Personal Finance Legal Updates
      2011 Personal Finance Legal Updates
      2012 Wills, Trusts, and Estates Legal Updates 
      If I click on one of the links I can see the XML.  I need to import all of the XML into my database.  I have done XML/XSL imports before, but it is throwing me off because of the RSS List.  How do I go about this?  Right now I do a copy/paste on view source, put all of that into Notepad++ and then scrub the data.  I use that for an import into a Filemaker table to get the URL.  Then I do an insert by URL to get the XML into the table.  This seems like a lot, I am hoping there is an easier way.... 
    • By A.Gregory
      Hello,

FileMaker: 16.0.5.500
      360 Plugin: 3.08

I seem to be having a bit of trouble with the 360 works email plugin,
      The issue is that when it is enabled in FileMaker plugins the inspector doesn't act as it should for example greying out buttons so that I am unable to select them, when it does allow me to select and change various settings upon switching to browse mode it erases all changes that I have made rather than saving them.
      Enclosed is a screenshot of the inspector when an object is selected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• By TaiChi56
      I have always developed with FileMaker for windows. I have bought myself a MacBook Air and love it. So now I am using FileMaker 16 Pro advance for MAC. I know that MAC does not label their directories like windows does. So I am having problems figuring out to get the right coding to access my photos. I have a folder called "Photos" that reside on the C: drive in windows. Then I reference that folder so pictures will populate automatically when I put in a record. Here is what I have on the windows fileMaker:
      ImagePath:
      Let ( [ // Transform the contents of a container field named Images to text ImageRef = GetAsText ( ImagePath); Photos = Position ( ImageRef; "/"; 1; PatternCount ( ImageRef; "/")) ]; Middle ( ImageRef; Photos + 1; Length ( ImageRef ) - Photos ) ) images:
      "imagewin:/C:/Photos/" & Film::title & ".jpg" Then I go into Import folder and point to the folder all the photos are in. The problem I have now is how to point to that folder in "imagewin", is their an alternative called imagemac, then I could put in Macintosh HD/Users/patricks/Documents.  The folder is in the Document folder, called Photos. Thank you for any help.
    • By 360Works
      360Deploy 2 automates your process of making FileMaker changes and migrating the data to a live or production (PROD) database.

Experience an easy and safe tool to make changes to your development (DEV) file and send off the changes with the click of a button. With 360Deploy 2, all you'll need to do is use the configuration tool to set up and your users will be enjoying their new database in no time!

Joe Martin, Senior Developer at 360Works, recently presented at the Houston FMDUT Meeting where he demonstrated the setup of 360Deploy 2 and covered development topics on deploying changes to a PROD file.

Today we have a video recap of the meeting that has been shortened to 15 minutes so you can briefly observe what the process will look like for you or follow along with the setup! Below the video we have summarized a few answers to questions asked after the presentation.

Q&A Summary:

What happens when you add a new value list?
      If you add a new value list, it will be pulled in from the dev file (prod value list will be wiped out) 360Deploy makes a clone of DEV file and pulls in from it Considering adding a feature to customize this in the future (alternatively pulls from PROD file)

How are accounts handled?
      360Deploy pulls data and accounts from PROD, and layout and schema from DEV

What does 360Deploy do with your container data?
      360Deploy does nothing with your container data. Which is the desired behavior. Externally stored containers live in completely separate folders than the database itself. If we run our database migration, and put the production database back in place, the records will still be able to resolve their external container dependency to that data. Container data is ignored, but we maintain the link to it so that when the dev file is swapped out with the prod file those links can re-establish themselves.

Is 360Deploy FileMaker Cloud compatible?
      360Deploy is not FM Cloud Compatible due to FMS admin technology not made available to us. However, we can host for you. Please contact us at support@360works.com to learn more about hosting.

Does 360Deploy absolutely require FileMaker Server ...can it be ran locally?
      360Deploy requires a production server to deploy to, as this was the primary goal behind the product. Your DEV files can be local.

Can 360Deploy run overnight?
      360Deploy can be set to run overnight using an on timer script. You'll need to leave the client open to let it run overnight. In later versions, we plan to have scheduled scripts so you can run the deployment from anywhere such as your iPad.

Story Behind 360Deploy?
      360Deploy 1 was created by Sam Barnum to create a solution that did not exist (before FileMaker Data Migration Tool was released). He had to come up with several workarounds for abstracting a database import, one being able to dynamically generate a script to determine the next serial number for imported tables. However, now 360Deploy 2 can run imports and migrations faster and smoother since it leverages the new FileMaker Data Migration Tool.

Our ultimate goal was to provide a nicer way to manage files on your server, providing smoother imports and making tedious work a lot easier. We plan to continue innovating around this goal with features in future version releases.

Getting Started?
      We recommend using the demo version first to make sure it is going to work for your solution. We'll be happy to help you get a license once you are done your testing. Please email support@360works.com with any questions you may have.

For more information or to download, visit: 360deploy.com.

• By eyepro
      I'm very very very newbie on xml.
      What I need to understand is if it's possibile export in this way.
      I use a xsl stylesheet to export from FM.

I was able to use the <xsl:for-each to export details in the way I want:
      <xsl:for-each select="fmp:FMPXMLRESULT/fmp:RESULTSET/fmp:ROW">
              <Details>
                  <Code><xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[2]/fmp:DATA"/></Code>
                  <WTN><xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[3]/fmp:DATA"/></WTN>
                  <Date><xsl:value-of select="fmp:COL[4]/fmp:DATA"/></Date>

result:
      <Details>
      <Code>0280c1</Code>
      <WTN>1</WTN>
      <Date>10/04/2018</Date>
      </Details>
      <Details>
      <Code>0280c2</Code>
      <WTN>2</WTN>
      <Date>10/04/2018</Date>
      </Details>
      <Details>
      <Code>0280c3</Code>
      <WTN>3</WTN>
      <Date>10/04/2018</Date>
      </Details>
      what i need to know is how put the fmp:COL[1] above the <xsl:for-each to get this:
      <CUSTOMER>ABC</CUSTOMER>
      <INVOICE>01</INVOICE>
      <Details>
      <PrimaryKey>0280c1</PrimaryKey>
      <WTN>1</WTN>
      <Date>10/04/2018</Date>
      <Colours/>
      </Details>
      <Details>
      <PrimaryKey>0280c2</PrimaryKey>
      <WTN>2</WTN>
      <Date>10/04/2018</Date>
      <Colours/>
      </Details>
      <Details>
      <PrimaryKey>0280c3</PrimaryKey>
      <WTN>3</WTN>
      <Date>10/04/2018</Date>
      <Colours/>
      </Details>

Thanks in advance.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    Ed@  Terrible Toll 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.