fields on Sync layouts

This topic is 2619 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What fields should and should NOT be on the sync layouts?

In the dialog box it said something about not having Modified By fields on the layout...  can you please expand on this?

-

I did notice that I have on my hosted file a Created by field (account) after the sync all the records are now owned or created on the date of the sync on the mobile device.

-

discovered a small bug.

in this solution the primary fields are named with double underscores  __TableName  and foreign fields are single, in one table we had __Notes for the primary field and also a field called Notes however in the config of the sync picking the primary key ignores the double underscores. 

Hi Ocean West,

On 2/14/2017 at 0:21 PM, Ocean West said:

What fields should and should NOT be on the sync layouts?

In the dialog box it said something about not having Modified By fields on the layout...  can you please expand on this?...

That's a good question! You will always need your primary key, creation timestamp, and modification timestamp along with any fields that you want to sync. As for modified auto enter fields, I have updated our docs to elaborate on this. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Since development is ongoing, and were massaging data still there are times when we need to make bulk edits to record sets. So in the field that is used for the timestamp  on the layout the calculation is:

stampModifyHost:
Case ( $$isDev = 1 ; stampModifyHost ; Case ( stampModifyLocal ; Get (CurrentHostTimestamp) ) )

StampAccountModify:
Case ( $$isDev = 1 ; stampAccountModify ; Case ( stampModifyLocal ; Get (AccountName) ) )

when we know we are going to mass modify a lot of records we set $$isDev to thru a script only available to someone with full access. 

after a loop or replace all has been done turn off the $$isDev

However I have a suspicion that this may be ill-conceived or may not achieve the necessary intensions.

This topic is 2619 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.