Less than operator not behaving as intended

This topic is 2509 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a form in which users make measurements of multiple parts, then input the max and min measurements. I then have conditional formatting that compares these maxes and mins to the hard mins and maxes for that part. If the inputted max is larger than the hard max, or the inputted min is smaller than the hard min; the conditional formatting is supposed to highlight that measurement in red. This has worked in almost every case I have tested so far, except for one strange case. I have a hard min of 9.8, and my user is attempting to input 10 as the min. FileMaker is highlighting this in red, even though 10 is larger than 9.8. When we change it 9.9 it isn't red, but 10.1 makes it red as well. I have no idea why this is happening, so any assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated!

conditional.PNG.15e7a56139bd7921fa74b8300105a7c2.PNGdims.thumb.PNG.7dc7c46d90cf70dab25a5f15e9c9d7d3.PNG

15 hours ago, Wim Decorte said:

it's probably reading the field value as text.  If you want to be safe, do a getasnumber( ) around what you compare

Thank you very much Wim! This did the trick

This topic is 2509 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.