Pull account related emails from mail server and store them in Filemaker

This topic is 2493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

We are developing a custom-made Filemaker CRM, and while we can send emails using mail client, and store the sent emails as a record with Filemaker, what we would like to achieve is the possibility to pull from the mail server, all the emails that we receive or send to a specific client within Filemaker and store as communication history with that specific client account.

- We are using 3 emails accounts to communicate with our clients or leads.

- We use only IMAP protocol so all our emails are sync between all our devices, macs, iphones, ipads

I know that with 360Works or Mailit you can run a mail client within filemaker but our challenge here is that I wouldnt like to download, using IMAP, all emails related to my email account: [email protected] onto filemaker, but only those related to let say "[email protected]" from Company ABC. Does it make sense what I am asking?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by docasar

Docasar,

360works email plugin does just what your wanting to do.. Have you looked at it.. They offer a free demo version that works for 2hours before you need to relaunch Filemaker.

Hi Devin,

Many thanks for your reply. I have checked it, and tried to install but it downloads all emails and not just those that are related to the email account that I would like to assigned those emails to. But I will have again a look at the documentation in case I can find new insgiht that would lead me towards what I would like to achieve.

Best regards,

docasar,

That can be done by using the EmailReadMessageValue... The Doc describe this and even give an example for what your asking..

Set Variable [ $result = EmailReadMessages( "viewed=false" ; "readonly=false" ) ]
 If [$result = "ERROR"]
     # Handle Error Here...
 End If
 Loop
     Exit Loop If [not EmailGetNextMessage]
     Set Variable[$result ; EmailMessageSetFlag("viewed")
     If [EmailReadMessageValue("from") = "[email protected]"]
         Set Variable[$result ; EmailMessageSetFlag("deleted")
     End If
 End Loop

In this case they are deleting the message from [email protected]..

Devin is exactly correct. You can filter the messages being read in by passing in key=value parameters (in the above example "viewed" and "readonly" are the keys). Please see the documentation on EmailReadMessages for an entire list of keys and more information on how to use them.

This topic is 2493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.