Filemaker very slow on launch after last Scribe update (v 3.04 )

This topic is 2475 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi

after the installation of the last version of Scribe, the launch time of Filemaker is very slow ( nearly 2 minutes ).

I tried to reinstall the OS ( macOS Sierra ) and Filemaker ( pro adv 16 ) but nothings change.

I also tried to uninstall the other plugins, but the only way to get back to normal launch time is to remove the scribe plugin

I don't know what else to try.

thanks in advance

• Newbies

it happens everytime. the only way to speed up the process is to put a Filemaker file in the startup items of the system.

doing this Filemaker launch with the usual speed. I think it conflicts with something in the system because I tried also with a new clean install of macOS Sierra.

and the same problem appears with the Developer Assistant plugin from Dracovention

I have this exact same issue with Scribe version 3.0.5 . I did a few tests to see which plugin causes the most problems in terms of starting FM and to see if there's interaction with other installed plugins. 

All tests (30) were done with FMP Advanced 15.0.3 on MacOS Sierra and FMPA15.0.3 on Windows 8.1. The Mac is 2016 MBP 15" and the Windows is a 2012 HP Elitebook 8570p. Both machines i7, both 16GB ram and both 2TB SSD. Both machines were on the same network and had a VPN with all traffic directed through the VPN to the same VPN-server.

It would be nice if there was a scriptable way to load and unload plugins, but FM hasn't got any commands to do that, besides the Download-plugin script-step.

See the attached file for my measuring results. As you can see in there is quite a bit of interaction, but even with only the scribe-plugin loaded, the starting time on MacOS goes up to 65 seconds. Yo can also see that on Windows there is some influence, but that is all less than 10 seconds and that is totally acceptable.

PluginBounces.xlsx.zip

This topic is 2475 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.