How to use SuperContainer for a Portal

This topic is 2431 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I've been reading thru SC documentation for the latest release of the Companion Plugin and recall seeing a short reference to a method for loading a jpg into a portal. There seemed to some special properties that needed to be added to the URL.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

John Wolff, Hamilton, NZ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

I am unaware of any function in the companion plugin that explicitly does this. You could use the companion plugin to download a jpg from SuperContainer server to a container field that is on a portal using SCGetContainer. You can also have a web viewer on a portal and then point the web viewer to a file on SuperContainer. Doing so would allow you to pass in style parameters into the URL to style the way the image was displayed. You can see a list of those URL parameters here

Hope that helps!

Hi Ryan,

I now recall it was two of those URL parameters that were needed in the Web Viewer but I cannot remember what they were. Noapplet might have been one and readonly another.

Would that be correct?

Cheers, John 

Noapplet refers to the in-browser Java applet and should be "off" by default so you wouldn't need to include it. As for readonly, this would prevent users from being able to delete the file or upload a file which may be behavior that you want if you are just displaying the file in a portal. With that being said, neither are a requirement to use SuperContainer with a web viewer, portal or not. 

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions!

This topic is 2431 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.