Sign in to follow this  
FileDumb

FM pro advanced 13 - creating runtime/will not email in Win

Hi everyone,

I have done some research on this but cannot make headway so any help would be much appreciated!

I am currently thus:

• Using FM 13 pro advanced to create a runtime solution for use on Windows 7 PC

• All well apart from when I go to a script to send an attachment by email... "email client not found" comes up...

Tried setting the default email client but it doesn't show in default programs in Win 7

Incidentally this system I created works ok in Mac! (but it won't be used on a Mac so... :(

Many thanks in advance,

FileDumb

What email client is installed on Windows 7?  Whatever you have, you'll need to reinstall it because it did not 'announce' itself to Windows so windows thinks there simply is no default email client.  And FM hands off to Windows to get the email sent through the default email application.  If reinstalling your email client does not help then you'll need to reach out to the support for that application.

Hi Wim,

thankyou for your reply: I can't see an email client - it's baffling me! - So I guess I need to go on a PC forum to get that bit sorted yes?

Many thanks,

FileDumb

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DataCruncher
      HELP!
      This is driving me nuts. 
      Need to send emails with an attachment from server side script. 
      The attachment path calculates correctly, as far as I can tell. Permissions are 777 (I Know...), but the file still does not attach!

This is the variable calculation that yields the path: 
      "/Samsung SSD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/"&$filename

Only problem is: attachments don't attach!
      I have tried every iteration I could think of: 
      "filemac:/Samsung SSD/Library/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/"&$filename
      "/$filename"
      "<Documents>/"&$filename
      What am I missing here???

Thank you!! I can't believe I'm the only one who ran into this issue?
    • By 360Works
      360Works Portfolio Bundle: Build a complete solution in FileMaker at a fraction of the cost.

Save Money
      The 360Works Portfolio Bundle offers the best FileMaker plug-in deal around. You receive all of the 360Works plug-ins and tools for FileMaker at 75% off the cost of the entire product suite from 360Works, saving you a great deal of money in the long run.    

Save Time
      Additionally, it saves you time by providing one, single license key to register all plug-ins and add-ons in your FileMaker solution. You even save time with updates! The Portfolio Bundle is on our Maintenance model for licensing, this means that your purchase includes 12 months of maintenance, which gives you all new products and upgrades released up to a year after your Portfolio Bundle purchase. At the end of 12 months, you may choose to renew your maintenance subscription for each additional year, for a cost of $695 (or auto-renew at $625.50).

The Portfolio Bundle includes over 18 FileMaker products, some of which are exclusive to Portfolio Bundle license holders only. Here is a friendly reminder about all that it has to offer:

Download products and learn more today at 360works.com/portfolio.

360Works Support
      Our 360Works Support Team is dedicated to your successful use of 360Works plug-ins and add-ons. If you run into issues we offer 2 free hours of technical support Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (ET). Most questions can be answered at our documentation/help page and requests for support team assistance can be sent to support@360works.com

Stay updated with 360Works

• By Stickybeak
      I have a pretty simple document generation and management solution to which I would like to add an email capability.  I would like to be able to have my email attachments dealt with FileMaker so as to be given a unique name and allow me to save them to my HD all in Macintosh.
      Any body interested in taking on this task for me?
      I will buy whichever plugin will do the best job or suits the successful consultant.
      Management_Clone.fmp12
    • By TaiChi56
      I have always developed with FileMaker for windows. I have bought myself a MacBook Air and love it. So now I am using FileMaker 16 Pro advance for MAC. I know that MAC does not label their directories like windows does. So I am having problems figuring out to get the right coding to access my photos. I have a folder called "Photos" that reside on the C: drive in windows. Then I reference that folder so pictures will populate automatically when I put in a record. Here is what I have on the windows fileMaker:
      ImagePath:
      Let ( [ // Transform the contents of a container field named Images to text ImageRef = GetAsText ( ImagePath); Photos = Position ( ImageRef; "/"; 1; PatternCount ( ImageRef; "/")) ]; Middle ( ImageRef; Photos + 1; Length ( ImageRef ) - Photos ) ) images:
      "imagewin:/C:/Photos/" & Film::title & ".jpg" Then I go into Import folder and point to the folder all the photos are in. The problem I have now is how to point to that folder in "imagewin", is their an alternative called imagemac, then I could put in Macintosh HD/Users/patricks/Documents.  The folder is in the Document folder, called Photos. Thank you for any help.
    • By Richard Fincher
      I'm just trying out FMS17 on a virgin Windows Server Essentials 2016 install, which I do not plan to use for any other task except hosting FMS17.
      I'm looking to switch off or block all ports and services which aren't needed for Filemaker Server.  The ones I'm planning to open for FMS are 80, 443, 5003, 16000.  The other ones which seem to be open separately from FMS are :
      PORT     STATE SERVICE
      53/tcp   open  domain
      88/tcp   open  kerberos-sec
      135/tcp  open  msrpc
      389/tcp  open  ldap
      445/tcp  open  microsoft-ds
      464/tcp  open  kpasswd5
      593/tcp  open  http-rpc-epmap
      636/tcp  open  ldapssl
      3268/tcp open  globalcatLDAP
      3269/tcp open  globalcatLDAPssl
      3389/tcp open  ms-wbt-server

I'll be placing IP restrictions on 3389 (for my RDP), regarding switching off the rest, it occurred to me that parts of the OS may need to use some of these services to do what they need to do (e.g. allow administrator to login to windows?)  
      Will be using a firewall external to windows itself, rather than the Microsoft firewall.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.